I am in mourning for the end of my only summer TV show.
I am a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance. I've watched since the beginning. A few years ago, I saw Snow from season 1 in NYC at Wicked on Broadway. She was in the audience and walked past me during intermission. I almost followed her but I was 7 weeks pregnant so the idea of celebrity stalking seemed to take too much energy (though I have stalked celebrities before). Not to mention the fact that I would have probably puked on her stilettos.
For the first 2 seasons, I was a closet watcher. Until last year when I hit the jack-pot and discovered a group of girls who actually got together and watched. Every week. With party food. And you know what else they did? They voted. They all pulled out their cell phones at the end, and voted for their favorite dancer. These chicks were serious.
So serious that we ended up going to the tour when it came to town. We made t-shirts and everything. By "everything" I mean we actually wore the t-shirts. And were gawked at by other tour goers straining to read our chests bedecked with iron on letters stating phrases from the show like "Welcome your Jidges!" and "Shut the front door."Tonight they will announce the results of last nights voting, much of which took place right in Kendra's living room, as you can see if you look closely enough. So I'm kind of sad, in a surfacy sort of way. I love the show, the dancing, the personalities of the contestants. Mostly, though, I'm going to miss the weekly excuse to hang out with my dancing friends.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
last call for the hot tamale train
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
I think hanging with friends is the most wonderful thing. It just makes you feel good especially when you are watching something everyone loves.
Im going to miss it too.
And how cute do we look? I mean really?
OH yes! Totally hooked this season - love the hot tamale train. Still bitter that Chelsea got voted off ;)
I so wish I could be there! I totally knew that this post was about, just from the title!!! I have watched since the beginning...and this has to be the most talented group they have ever had! I think I will enjoy my birthday cake and the results show together...I just can't decide who I want to win! Who is your favorite?
I'm so jealous. Having not found a group to enjoy with, I am still a closet watcher, forcing my husband and sons to watch with me for company. However, for some strange reason not given, the final show will not be aired until 11pm in my neck of the country. I'm hoping beyond hope I can manage to stay awake that long...
Now how cool is that!! My fav was the biggest loser. Most of my friends thought I was dorkish but I LOVE THAT SHOW!! :)
Love you too!
was Katie voting... no... I was too lazy to get up and get my cell phone. I won't disclose if I voted on my way home.
So, what good show comes this fall? 24? If not, am I sensing a party? If so, I'm all over it!
Well I just sit alone in my family room attempting to learn new dance moves which will never be shown to anyone----but I'm gonna miss it too! I get so attatched to all the dancers and it gives me an excuse to buy myself a DQ blizzard and it just won't feel like Summer (or Wednesday) without SYTYCD!
I feel so bad for all those Dancing With the Stars people who never really know what REAL dancing looks like :)!
By the way, I wish there was a number you could dial that would cast your vote as "Mark should have won...."
I like it too or should I say "liked" it. I've been calling it "So You Think You can Boycott" ever since my boyfriend Will got voted off. NO, I didn't vote for him but I would have if I had watched it in real time and not on my DVR. I was bummed. I'll probably watch the finale though.
I love the show! I to have watched from the beginning! Noone else here at home watches so I just dvr it and watch it when they are in bed or gone!
I would totally love to watch that show with a bunch of friends. You are blessed, indeed!
I'm so sad, too! I have to watch the show by myself - my husband wouldn't be caught dead - but it's such a treat. I have every available appendage crossed for Joshua!!
I don't watch the show but I think hanging out with your friends every week would be so much fun. Well, and the eating. I would certainly love the party food.
I love it! Looks like you guys had so much fun. What a great way to spend an evening.
Hi Christine here (stopping by for a visit from my SIL Debbie's blog - where I don't usually comment... because I am a bit paranoid of the cyber world.)
But I just love, love, love SYTYCD!!! I, too, have been watching since the beginning and it is by far the best dance show. It is one of my favorite summer treats and always so sad when it's over.
I have a few favorite dances from other seasons, but overall, I think this season was the best... and the finale tonight was fantastic! Shows will hype their finales so much and they often fail to deliver. They fall flat and just disappoint. But not tonight's finale... I felt all the dancers were totally there in the moment, hearts on the dance floor. And a few of the dances they did again tonight were even better than the first time.
I'll keep a few more comments so I can post again tomorrow. I don't know anyone else who watches the show so I am so, so glad to have found a fellow fan.
Christine
Now I am so sad that I never saw it...sounds like way too much fun for someone to miss.
Okay, I JUST finished posting about SYTYCD, complete with the picture of the girls in fabulously witty t-shirts. Then I went over to visit my friend Emily's blog. And shut the front door, we wrote about the same thing.
I love this show too. Unfortunately, life got in the way of me seeing the latter half of it this season. So Sad!! It was also frustrating when a few of my favs were voted off early. I think it's wonderful that ya'll have so much fun. Too cool!
Don't stop gathering!! Just find a different show! Like Animal's That Attack or America's Got Talent!!
Such a great idea to get a group of gals together! I love that show, as well as my coworkers. I look forward to coming to work the day after and going over each detail. How sad it is that the season is over!!
Keep it real.
I loved, loved, loved this show. We decided to cut out our satellite for the summer so I only got to watch the first couple of episodes, but I've been following the recaps.
love it too! i can't wait to see the show in charlotte!
That is so sweet! I love the shirts and I love hanging out with a group of girlfriends. I need to do more of that!
Would you be willing to email me you HTML code for your blog? It sounds nuts, I know, but I have been fiddling and editing mine and CANNOT, for the life of me, figure out how you accomplished such cool formatting. So, please?? My email is stephaniefantasia@gmail.com.
Thanks (I hope).
Post a Comment