Monday, August 04, 2008

back

Believe it or not, last week I really was on vacation. I know my post about what I wasn't doing threw you off because I'm so sneaky like that. I had done most of the babysitting posts before I left town but I did cheat and clean them up a bit while we were gone.
Now that we're back, I promise I'm not going to write a long post about my great vacation to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.
Don't worry, I won't go on and on about what a blessing was to watch our girls be sweet to their baby brother...
and to have The Man all to ourselves.
I know you don't want to hear about how the twins are big enough to ride their bikes with us now.
Or what a perfectly pleasant date night The Man and I had at the harbor watching the sunset
while we ate our fancy dinner. I certainly won't waste any of your time telling you that I think that flower alone cost $12.50.

So now I've got laundry. And mail. And coupons that need cutting. So I'm gonna go do that. And I most certainly won't be dreaming about going on vacation.

31 comments:

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Wow. VERY jealous of your beuatiful time together! Glad you enjoyed yourselves! And you were so sweet to give us some reading pleasure while you were away!

(& I'm first - woohoo!)

TAMI said...

What a beautiful vacation! So glad you didn't tell us a thing - it would've been so b-o-r-i-n-g to listen to you go on and on about it!!!

Carry Grace said...

It looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

anne said...

what a great vacation !! Glad you had fun. :)

Darlene said...

It looks like you had a fabulous vacation!!! How fun and thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Now, get to work...lol

Shilo said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Happy for you!

Heathahlee said...

So glad you're back from your non-vacation. We really didn't want to hear about it or see pictures from it, so it's a good thing you didn't write about all those things.

Mary said...

We used to go to Myrtle Beach, SC when I was little and we never branched out to try Hilton Head. It looks so pretty!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

What a great time!! What a beautiful place and what a beautiful family!!

Kathi Roach said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

Wilson Ramblings said...

so glad you had a good time! loved the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

We go to Hilton Head every summer. It is so fun. You got some great pictures, what i want to know is how did you get the ones in Harbourtown without any other people in them? It was so crowded the days that we were there, that there are all kinds of strangers in my photos!! LOL.

The Berry's Patch said...

Your vacation pic's look so nice. I sooo need a date night!

Thanks again for the babysitting posts!

Brandee :-)

Julie @ Sweet Chaos said...

One of the best things about vacation is watching your children away from home, isn't it? They are such little people! So sweet to see them taking care of each other, too. Your 3 remind me so much of my 3. Hope you got totally refreshed and are ready to come back and entertain us!

-Julie

Jami said...

What a fun time! We just got back too! Now onto real life again, huh?!

A New England Life said...

Lucky You!

Angela Fehr said...

Welcome back - we've recently discovered how fun a family vacation can be (even though we never go anywhere interesting) and having kids along means you see the whole trip through different eyes, even if it's the same tired places you always go (talking about myself again).

Caroline said...

Oh how wonderful! My parents just got back from visiting some friends at Hilton Head. Looks like so much fun and I can't believe the girls are big enough to ride their bikes along with you guys. Say it isn't so?

Connie said...

You sneaky thing! Quite jealous of the Hilton Head trip.
~Connie

Nancy Hood said...

I love the way you did this!! ha ha glad you had such a beautiful trip~

sweetfunkyvintage said...

aww! looks like a great vacation!
Missy

Jennifer P. said...

That looked like "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" :)! Welcome back to average, every-day, coupon-cutting life :)!---glad you're back!

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great week! So glad you were able to do it!

Beth Cotell said...

Welcome home! Hilton Head is a great vacation spot!

Ainsley said...

Hey Emily, what a great blog you have! So glad that you found me on Facebook... it's so fun to connect after all these years. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you here.=)

Trixi said...

I am so glad that you had a great time. Hilton Head is such a beautiful place.

Christy said...

Welcome home! Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ah...so glad you didn't share about Hilton Head so that we couldn't vicariously live through you. My fav was little sisters being sweet to brother...nothing like it (although did it really happen)

Sing4joy said...

I did not enjoy looking at no pictures of your not vacation post!

Clover Cottage said...

Greetings from Anderson, SC. I've lived here over five years and still haven't made it over to Hilton Head, but your pics are a real encouragement to make plans!

Anonymous said...

I had a similar vacation in early July and I am still dreaming about it. However, it wasn't Hilton Head which is so beautiful. Glad you had a good time.