Friday, August 22, 2008

speaking of a mothers love

She just had this little bundle of delight one week ago. They came over to have dinner and we couldn't resist an impromptu photo shoot in my sunroom. This is one of my favorites.

28 comments:

Sissy said...

What a lovely shot. You are so talented, Em. I hope that if I ever have babies, you will take pics of them.

Beth Cotell said...

What a beautiful shot! I love eveyrthing about this picture.

You really have a way with the camera!

Anonymous said...

She will love this forever! Beautiful work.

Caroline said...

He is just the sweetest and he looks like his brothers! Great shot of V, she looks so happy. I hope she's getting some sleep.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Photo envy..that's what we all have. I don't think you should be causing us to stumble like this...hee hee.

Kristen said...

Goodness gracious, Emily! It's beautiful. I hope you are still nearby when I have babies...not that I'm having any any time soon.

Anonymous said...

An incredibly beautiful photograph! Your photo is like poetry - it distills to the essence the meaning of the image; like poets do with words. You should submit this.

kimberly said...

what a beautiful mother/child shot. i love it!

Christy said...

What a great photo! I'm sure that will be one that is treasured forever.

AJ said...

My goodness! Could that baby be any sweeter?! Great photo!

{darlene} said...

I just hopped over from your sister's blog, and I am really enjoying your blog! You are a very, very talented photographer, and I love this picture. I have a secret desire to buy a big, fat, cool camera ... and take pictures always! one day!!!

Heathahlee said...

That is one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is a precious photo.

Heather said...

Oh, look at that precious little face. It's not that I necessarily MISS that stage, I just want to BORROW it for a little while. I want to kiss them and snuggle them and kiss their soft little heads....and then give them back to their mommas.

Valarie Lea said...

That is so sweet :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a beautiful photo. The look on the mama's face is so perfect.
-Carrie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture. They both look so happy and content.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Your words and your photos take my breath away.

Shilo said...

As a mom about to give birth to her second son, this shot brought tears to my eyes! It's so beautiful! Kudos!

Melissa said...

just another one to NOT add to your nonexistent portfolio. heehee.

Jennifer P. said...

So pretty! I loved this image mixed with the story in the post below. Different women I know, but same kind of heart!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful child....and that's from a grandmother of 8 who thought her "grands" were the cutest. Love the photo....

Unknown said...

LOVE L O V E this shot.... Whaa, wish I would have had some shots like this with my babies when they were little!

Congrats on being the SITSA today! : )

Anonymous said...

What a precious shot!!

EmBee said...

You neglected to add 'Photographer' to your list of accomplishments. This is a gorgeous shot!
:-)

serra said...

awesome shot! I love baby picts...I just listed some on my blog too. love them! congrats on being the saucy spotlight!

Jami said...

that picture is amazing!! thanks for sharing! :)

Amanda said...

Beautiful picture! I know this is one she will cherish forever!