As promised, here is what we did with some of that fabric I bought last week. I am amazed by what that Nester can do with a hot glue gun and 5 uninterrupted minutes. Here is what our half bathroom looked like before we moved in.Notice the custom made cornice board over this window. They were on nearly every window in the house.
And here it is today.
We haven't changed the floor, the tiled wall or replaced the counter top and sink. I have begun to clean the grout on the floor in the far left corner, but I can only do it in small chunks. There is a lot of grout. We also haven't gotten around to replacing the clam shell toilet seat, either. Though after seeing it in a photo, it has climbed several spaces on the priority list. But don't you think it looks better already?
The fabric on the window was $5/yard and I had 4 yards of it. The ribbon was about $3 for the spool. The hot glue stick was about a penny. And The Nester, well...she works for 2 large pieces of chocolate cake. She did this window mistreatment in about the time it took me to walk upstairs, and take 1/2 a shower.
Here's what I did with the leftover fabric. This one I actually did myself, though you and I both know where the idea came from.
See how hard that was? I already had that little tension rod and all I did was drape the fabric over it and fluff. Too bad our A/C vent is under that counter top. Who needs to be cool when you can be cute?
Monday, July 21, 2008
the next step: FABRIC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
44 comments:
Looking great; I love all the neutrals! Did you replace, or just frame the mirror?
Wow! The curtain looks great!!! That Nester. She's a fabric miracle worker. I love the look of the curtain. Your under the sink fabric is a nice soft touch as well. The bathroom already looks MUCH cozier and cuter!
Oh I l♥ve it! I want to do that in my house now. You 2 are simply amazing!
That looks fantastic, love it. You may have just inspired me to do a little painting. My white bathroom looks so cold and boring now.
Wowser! I love how you took a out of date bathroom and totally made it beautiful and stylish without replacing a single major thing! Great job! I think it looks amazing, definitely worth two pieces of chocolate cake.
Wow, that looks great. It is amazing how the fabric helped make the whole bathroom look so up-dated. Beautiful!!
Wow...gasp...look at everything you can get done when the man is out of town. Absolutely gorgeous!! We are praying that little camera cord right on over to your sister.:)
Try Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser for the grout. They also have grout paint to brighten it up just a little bit more after you've cleaned it. I just love cleaning grout, don't you?!! :-0
~Heather
looks SO good :) where do you find your discounted fabric?
Love IT!
how about the paint color?
what is it?
the nester and the nester sister
do AMAZING things!
The bathroom looks so cozy! I love an inviting bathroom instead of one that looks and feels sterile. The valance and under the counter thingy go perfect in there. I love checking in to see what you have done!
Love it!
Do you mind sharing the paint color- it is perfect:-)
Gorgeous!! I'd love to hear more about the framed mirror. Did you do it yourself, or replace the whole mirror?
Looks awesome! Do tell what you are cleaning your grout with? I have been trying to get mine clean for 2 years. I gave up and just KNOW it is clean even if the grout is 30 years old.
I love the mistreatments and the little vanity fabric! Very creative, and definitely cute! I also love the frame added around the mirror - I did this in my bathroom with the help of a handy boyfriend, and some window frame pieces!
How are you this ambitious?? I think the most I did this weekend was watch WAAAY too much Will&Grace. So impressed. And inspired! I have a little bathroom of my own that needs re-vamping.
Awesome work :)
It must be so nice to have a sister that helps you with that stuff. I tend to be the one who goes and does the helping. But WOW!!! Takes me a lot longer than 5 minutes. Hmm, the glue gun. I always forget about that tool. Love the way the bathroom looks. How did you attach the molding to the mirror? Also, did you have those funky brackets that stick out from the mirror or the flat brackets?
I want to hear more about the mirror too!
Please tell us what you did...new one of framed it?? if new where did ya get it?? I have this exact problem in our master bath. :)
everything looks GREAT!
Ok, so no idea what is going on with the blog template today. I have an email in to my fairy blogmother because all the blogs she has designed is doing this same thing. Hopefully it will be worked out soon.
I bought a new mirror, people. And let me tell you, it was no walk in the park. It is hard to find the right size mirror for a specific space. I bought this one at Hobby Lobby one week when they were 1/2 off. Surprise, surprise, right?
The color is Believable Buff in this room. It is close to Sherwin Williams Ivoire, but not as warmy yellow. More of a neutral.
you website blog has gone Crazy....call the nester and have her fix it....it a bunch of stuff saying you have exceed your allowed bandwidth.
fix it cause I love your blog and I want to read it. I love your sister the nester but I think we would be friends because the Nester intimidates me with her wonderful skills. I think
Holy weird background Batman! My eyes are hurting - but looking at your new bathroom makes them all better. Beautiful. I'll try to not hate you because of your gorgeous home!
Very very nice! I love it!
Your bathroom is adorable now! The curtain, stars, bird house all look great.
Gretchen
That really looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see what else you've done!! It looks great - so inspiring!
Ok, now you know that we need some instructions from Nester on how to make that window treatment. Please? Please?
What's the wall color in there? Looks really great!
I had to laugh at your hanging lights! We had those in my bathroom growing up....my yellow bathroom with the metallic floral wallpaper!
Tell Nester I've got FOUR pieces of chocolate cake, 82 cents, and 5 naked windows!
It looks fabulous ;)!!!
so. much. better.
those hanging lights are hot.
Once again...she's amazing! It looks great!!
Wow, Emily (and Nester),
It looks all done up in Designed to Sell style - Lisa LaPorta rocks, only second to The Nester, and she totally would have pulled those hues from the floor into the wall to make the floor look all fabulous when really it's the walls doing a fabulous eye mistreatment.
I have just printed out a picture of the window mistreatment in hopes of being persuaded to actually accomplish something whilst my child is at camp this week. I've been reading Jane Austen, can you tell? : )
And what are you using on the grout?
Oh my.. I've been a lurker here for awhile.. lving every minute of your new house tour!! That bathroom looks totally awesome! Yeah, I'm here from the 80's.. its okay!
I love seeing your rooms transform. You and your sister have the best eye for decorating. You two really inspire. The bathroom looks great! Keep on sharing the great ideas!
I love the colors they are so soothing and warm. Is that Tobacco Road on the walls or something else? Please tell :) I love your style!
Love it! I need to know...did you frame your current mirror or put up a new one? We are re-doing our bathroom & have a mirror just like that.
I am so glad you got the bandwidth problem fixed. I really wanted to read this post. Your curtain looks great. Now, how did she do it.
Oh, and I am so glad your man is back. I know when ours is gone, it's fun for a couple of days but gets old quick!!
Blessings~~~
Wow, that looks great! You must tell the Nester to post instructions on this amazing mistreatment...I have several 3 windows in our master bath with that thingamabobby this could work for. Love the paint color! I have it almost in every room of our house:) Thanks for the inspiration!
Wow, what a difference. I love it, everything you did looks so great. 2 pieces of cake huh? It is definitely worth lots of chocolate cake!!!!
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com
FAB-fabric. You and the nester. Good team.
Your paint selection is fantastic.
The curtain is great.
But yes, the clamshell toilet seat cover, not so much. :)
oh.....PLEASE come to my house and help!!!
Very nice and warm. Great job.
The bathroom does look great! Sure wish I had a Nester sister...or just a sister.
I know this is an old post and you have moved to a new site but I would LOVE to know how the Nester mistreated those windows! Are the directions posted anywhere? BTW: You did an awesome job with your house. I am in the process of painting paneling at the moment.
Post a Comment