Tuesday, July 22, 2008

fairy blogmother to the rescue!

Y'all are so awesome! Thanks for the communication on the blog crisis. My fairy blogmother fixed it up right. She just had a birthday and was on an internet vacation but managed to cheat just long enough to bibityblogityboo our blogs back to health.

Right now I am having the following conversation with one of my girls:

Her: Mommy, do I still cry when I get shots?
Me: I don't know...
Her: But MOMmy, do I still cry when I get shots?
Me: No. No, you don't cry because you're a big girl.
Her: (half smiling, but still whining) MOMmy, I wanna get a shot right now. Can you go get shot stuff and give me a shot?
Me: I'm not allowed to give shots. Only nurses can give shots.

Pause. Pause.

Her: (still whining) MOMmy, when can you be a nurse?

I just can't win. I will try to have a real post up later today. But I can't promise anything, as I'm sure I'll be busy explaining to my daughter why I can't perform open heart surgery on her.

20 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

Its funny the things you find yourself saying as a mom - who would have thought!

Kathi Roach said...

Hey Emily,
I'm wondering if it's my computer...I have a Macbook....anyway...I still see it in the background.

Just wanted to let you know.

emily freeman said...

Kathi-My Mac was doing it still this morning too...I resarted my computer and it cleared up. You could try that.

If you do that and it doesn't work, could you let me know? THanks!

sassy seamstress said...

I'm so glad to know the blog problem wasn't just with me. i even called a friend to have her look it up and see if she got the same problem and she didn't...it was really freaking me out. "pink dreaming's" blog was the same way. do ya'll have the same fairy blog mother by chance???? oh, and i don't have a mac...gasp!!!!

Nan said...

Asking for a shot? What did you give her?

Christy said...

I'm glad your computer is up and running again. I too have a Mac and noticed the problem... but not today! I really like the changes you made to the bathroom. We recently moved into a house built in the 70's and the light fixtures in our bathrooms looked very similar to the ones in your bathroom. The rest of our bathroom consisted of baby blue floors, sink, and tub. Let's just say I wasn't sad to see them go!

Wilson Ramblings said...

i can only guess who said that! :)

Cambre said...

I was weirded out too. just thought I had done something wrong. thanks for being on top of things! are you wondering what has happened to me? i am still trying to figure it out too! can I blame it on morning sickness??????

oh...loved seeing you and the nester at work... warmed my heart to see happy sisters!!!

Heather said...

I have a Mac and it looks fine to me. I have so much catching up to do...bathrooms, imaginary brides, nursing school...so much catching up

Emily said...

Hello Emily! Here I am, out of my comfort zone, commenting to someone that I don't even know! (I'm a scaredy cat.) Thanks for the comment. Do I dare mention that I was so giddy with excitement that one of my 2 new favorite bloggers actually came my way? My friends have told me they now love you and the Nester. And so do I. I am officially addicted.

Trish said...

Hi Emily,
Just found your blog by way of Mrs. Jones...So glad I did! Loved the story about the shots and your daughter...Very funny!
~Trish

Jami said...

Oh our dear kiddos. What would we ever talk about without them?! :)

Sissy said...

I love you. Just wanted to say. Thanks for being ok with the fact that I cried while at the register in Target while on the phone with you.

Oh, and the bathroom looks great!

Dawn said...

Wow! Please tell me what you're giving her because my two much OLDER kids don't have that attitude about shots.

Blessings!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Glad the bippity worked. You are featured today on my blog.

Jennifer P. said...

They do sell needles at the drug store, I'm just sayin' if you want to practice and she's willing :).......

And your blog looks all fixed!--It was never broken on my PC anyway!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

HA!
Cute!
(my shortest comment ever??)
cuz it's really all about the I's among us, isn't it?

...see? I couldn't keep it to 2 lines. It's a goal. I'm a work in progress.

I.I.I.I

Frizzy said...

I posted a comment earlier. Or should I say I attempted to post it. Not sure where it went. I commented on how I think it's wonderful how our children think we can do it all and yesterday too. It's also funny that you wrote on this today and I wrote about how I saw my father as a child. I too thought my dad could do it all just as your daughter thinks you can now. I don't know about you but I'm gonna soak up this time in their life because all too soon they'll be teeenagers and think we can do no right.

Mommy said...

Fairy blogmother here...

For those of you still having problems...

Clear your Cache and everything will go back to normal. Your computer is remembering the obstructed version of Chatting. On a PC, you can do this under

Tools > Clear Private Data

You will lose any websites within your browser history but your favorites will not be affected.

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

SO so sweet. I love their little ponderings. :)