Thursday, July 17, 2008

the most important ingredient

I forgot to mention in my last post the fuel behind all the creative work that has been going on at my house.
I'm not saying that stems and fabric can't be arranged without the chocolate. I'm just saying why risk it?
Look how happy we are! And look how difficult it is for me to know where to look when taking a photo in a mirror.

24 comments:

Aubrey said...

You two are so cute. Like two little creative, imperfectly beautiful peas in a pod. I'm glad I have at least one sister, too.

Aubrey said...

I forgot--though how could I forget about the cake--is it in it's own food group? The magical kind where all the calories are good and none stick to the hips? I need to get me some of that.

Jennifer P. said...

You two should be on a shampoo advertisement!

It was so fun to see the infamouse glue gun at work!--and it turned out JUST RIGHT!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love that photo of you and your sister. Awesome. And the cake, too. That photo is not helping!

Anonymous said...

WANT!

sassy seamstress said...

i had never really seen the resemblance in past pictures , but now i can definitely tell you're sisters! oh, and who can do anything without chocolate. i think it deserves it's own food group :)

Kathleen Grace said...

I would come over and arrange some stems for a piece of that cake! You sure do look like sisters, you are both cute as can be:>)

Kelly said...

Chocolate has been fueling me some laziness lately. How do you get it to make you creative? Maybe I'm on the wrong kind of chocolate. I'll have to try all the other kinds...

Heather said...

That is SUCH a cute picture! And yes, I do love how you don't know where to look when taking a photo in a mirror. It's why your one of my very favorites.

Lauren and Justin said...

yum, after kenda, Mr. Harris and Mrs. Teeter are two of my favorite cooks, and it looks like their chocolate cake was delish! you girls are too cute :)

katylinvw said...

too cute! that cake looks amazing!

His Girl said...

so cute you are. makes me a wee bit jealous for a real life sis of my own. so many Christian sisters, though- so I know not to really complain!

also,I LOVE your arrangement on the previous post.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh yum!

~ Sarah

Caroline said...

Emily, I too always get confused when trying to look in a mirror and do things. Good thing I was never a teacher - the cursed overhead projector would get me everytime. Except now they don't have overheads. Anyway, don't you just love sister time? Its the best.

Unknown said...

1) great photo of you two!

2) how dare you do that to me??? I want chocolate now and there's none to be found.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

LOVE THAT PICTURE. Now Emily, I don't know if the Nester is still there, but you guys have to walk...no run...to the Re-Grand Opening of the Good will. They have 7 semi trucks full of furniture that they are bringing out every day this week. I had to go, and couldn't stay for the new truckload but people were cheering when they announced it over the loud speaker...too funny. Check out my blog for the loot I got...and they even put it on the news. It was a hilarious experience. Tell me what you find.

Jami said...

What gorgeous sisters!! :)

You got it right with the chocolate my friend!

Valarie Lea said...

Y'all look so much alike. I didn't realize it until you got up next to each other. :)

Kim Hancock said...

Beautiful! It's so nice to sisters so close!

Trixi said...

The two of you are sooo cute and yes, chocolate is always a good thing.
Blessings~~

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

so glad I had a chocolate chip cookie before I read this post! (caught that craving before it went OOC!)

Love you girls! Two too-cuties!

imlikable said...

yummmm...not a good thing to see at 9:30 in the morning. Good thing I already had my FiberOne! :) Does that mean I can have that (cake!) for lunch?

Angela said...

Chocolate makes everything better, doesn't it!

Anonymous said...

Umm...are you KIDDING ME with that cake?? You guys are the cutest sisters!
Come read my blog some time!
http://whereisyourheart.typepad.com
Happy, happy Friday :)
-Laura