Thursday, July 24, 2008

it won't get any more random than this. i promise.

**UPDATE: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX CACHE PROBLEM IN COMMENTS SECTION.**
A note from my Fairy Blogmother:

"I was just reading comments and noticed that some people are still having trouble. They need to clear their CACHE. Computers remember what webpages look like so they don’t have to load each and every item that they frequently view every time they load Chatting or Nester or whatever. So, all the people who view you often and are still having problems are viewing the old version that is being 'remembered' in their computer’s cache."

Got that? If you are still having issues reading then A: you won't be able to read this message or B: you are going to ask me how to clear your cache. And I will look at you funny and scratch my head.Then I will say how lame this is for a 200th post. Then I will tell you how fun it was for me to read all the comments about housekeeping yesterday and how I have so much more to say about that but all my time is being taken up doing this:

taken by Alisa
That's me, taking a photo. Have I mentioned I'm going to be shooting a wedding with my friend Alisa in a few weeks? With a real bride and groom? We've been busy taking their engagement shots and her bridal portraits. And I'm realizing I have a hard time deciding which photos to keep and which ones to toss. Lots of work, this is.

But, they're gonna pay us money. Real money.

Not to be confused with "cache".

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Real money is always the best! I can't believe people who are writing blogs don't know about their cache!
Hope you'll stop by for my Beach Party on Friday! I'm celebrating my 50th post, I can only aspire to 200 like you!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

How exciting! Real money is always nice especially when it is for doing something you love. Can't to hear all about it!!

Amber said...

How exciting! I think it would be so fun (despite the work!) to shoot a wedding. We all already know that you have a great eye for it! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your shots from the wedding! You can be right up front or in the middle of the action this time...and you will be completely entitled!

And, your so clever. Quite clever. And funny. I wish we could be friends in real life.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Blending passion, work, and mommyhood...the best of all worlds!!

Trixi said...

Congratulations on your photo shoot. Praise the Lord, I get your blog to load fine now!!

Kathi Roach said...

Yea! Congrats about the wedding shoot.

Okay, I'm one of the people who still sees the funky background. Also, I have no idea what a cache is or how you clear it. Help!

Kim Hancock said...

How exciting...congratulations! You're so creative; the photos will be beautiful. And money...money is always nice. Enjoy the wedding!

Mommy said...

Hi everyone...fairy blogmother again...

If you have a PC and use Firefox, go the main bar at the top of the page and click TOOLS. Then click CLEAR PRIVATE DATA and be sure the box CACHE is ticked. Then click OK.

If you have a PC and use IE, go to the main bar at the top of the page and click
TOOLS
INTERNET OPTIONS
under BROWSING HISTORY
DELETE
TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES
DELETE
YES, I'm sure

If you have a Mac, I'm sure it is similar but I am not Mac savvy so someone else can chime in here.

HTH!

tracyvanhorne said...

Not to be confused with "cache" heehee! That's funny! Thanks for the laugh this morning! Love your blog and your beautiful home! Good luck with the wedding pictures :)

The Nester said...

Yes, I'm much better at clearing cash than cache.

Henry said...

I love that photo of you with the camera! you look so cool. wish people would take pics like that of me, but they always take shots of me with a mouthful of food or with eyes closed. grrr..

Miss G said...

yea! i can read you again! Thanks! Kelly

Kathi Roach said...

Thanks Emily....and thanks fairy blogmother.

For all you Mac users...
Go under Safari
Click Empty Cache
It will give you the choice to Cancel or Empty
Click Empty
Restart your Mac.

Voilla....no more funky message in the background!

Heathahlee said...

At least now I know how to pronounce "cache!" : )

megs @ whadusay said...

How Fun - will you be able to show us some of your work?? Please, Please! :)

Denise K. said...

Thanks for the update! I can read you "crystal clear" now too...yeah!

Congrats on the big wedding photo shoot! That is terrific, and you will do a beautiful job! Like your other readers, I can't wait to see your photos...after the bride and groom of course! :-)

Thanks for your welcome e-mail too..that was so kind of you and such a fun surprise! It's the little things that lift up our day, and I thank you!

Happy Thursday!
Love,
Your blog reader/fan from Colorado,
Denise Ü

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I, too, would love to see some of your work (isn't that cool - your photography as your work...)!!!

Seeing your photo and others' lately, I went back and looked at our wedding pics with Pookie. Man has photography changed in 10 years. *sigh*

I took the birth photos of my little nephew. Just to do that (for FAMILY. for FREE) I was quite nervous. I took lots of photos of baby dolls in different lighting and different blankety textures before the real thing came!

Best (wedding photographer) Wishes!
And Enjoy it!

Jennifer P. said...

ooooh....real money! Are you sure you just don't want half the cake :)?! Wherever you're taking pictures at is gorgeous!