Thursday, March 27, 2008

thankful for my Assets

So The Sisters have another post up over at Chic-Critique. And by The Sisters I mean my sister. She did it up right this week, critiquing some items that every girl needs in her bag of tricks. All I did this week was to assure her that yes, it is Spanx, not Spanks. But panty? Not sure. I always thought it was panty...but maybe it's pantie?

Either way, hate that word. But love the Spanx.

7 comments:

||| laura frantz ||| said...

Gotta be pantie. Y's are not girlie enough. I love your playlist, it's been my soundtrack this afternoon because I am too cheap to go to iTunes and get the goodness for myself. Actually, the kids are on my computer playing at www.starfall.com and I am too chicken to kick them off. Sorry for changing my blog name 1,000 times, feel free to wipe my insanity off of your list if you are so inclined, but for now I'll probably just stick with "laura frantz" because I can't commit to being something when I grow up. So I'm just gonna be me. I'm loving your writing. :)

Mandy said...

I always thought it was panty in the singular and panties in the plural. Kind of like candy & candies....perhaps?

Tracey said...

So Emily if you hate panty, what the heck do you call them? (which by the way panty comes up underlined in red, so maybe it is pantie, which isn't underlined in red.) Undies?

emily freeman said...

Tracey,
Aren't you supposed to be having a baby or something :)

To answer your question, before I had kids, I don't think I called them anything. Then, when the girls started wearing them, they became "big girl panties".

But mine are underwear. I know. It's not a great word either. But its better than pantie.

emily freeman said...

Oh...and my roommate in college worked at Victoria's Secret. They HAD to call them panties. I remember feeling sorry for her that she always had to say that word.

Anonymous said...

I love Spanx, too. I was maid of honor in a wedding just 2 months after Anja was born, and because I tore so much I was only given the OK to exercise a short 2 weeks before the wedding. Spanx saved me from the humiliation of looking as bubbly as I felt. :)

Melissa said...

ok, i'm learning so much this week from your blog. didn't know about Spanx until yesterday from seeing the nesters write up, and didn't know about the missing couple until your previous post. i know, big surprise. but i'm so glad to be updated on all the worldly importances.