Saturday, March 15, 2008

a note from our old house

Don't I look cozy and inviting in the winter time with my pretty wood door and my cute dormer windows?
And check me out in the summer...with my crepe myrtle and my sassy rocking chair front porch.
And that tree in the front yard...she's such a show off. But don't you want to live here? I'm a great house. And the tree isn't so snobby once you get to know her.

So...buy me. I'm totally for sale.

17 comments:

Shawna said...

It is beautiful! I wish I could buy it, but alas I am here for at least another year. :)

any chance you will share the name of the exterior paint color?

Wilson Ramblings said...

have you put her on the market yet? :)

Jaelou said...

I want to buy your house!

Buuuuuuuuttttt I have no money. So sad.

:) I'll pray for your family & that your house gets snatched off the market so fast you won't even believe it.

Jaelou said...

Oh and I'm about to post my yard sale finds. Did you go?

Caroline said...

We would lo-o-ove to move into your house. If only Adam could find a job in Greensboro, we could inhabit your domicile.

Sissy said...

I have always loved you, house, inside and out. If you had been for sale last year, you would have been mine. Your cute dormer windows, your lovely tree, your spacious rooms and pretty backyard are all things that I love about you. But now I love my own house. I am sure though, that someone who loves you will come along soon. Be patient, old house.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty much THE house I'm looking for. Could you move it to MN, please? We'll throw in an extra $50!

Megan O. said...

Such a cute house!! Now I'm dying to see photos of the new one--it must be pretty great to get you to leave this one!

Finding Normal said...

So cute, no matter the season! Alas, not in Indiana.

Laura Paxton said...

SUCH a cute, adorable house with wonderful trees...I'm in love...but, alas, we live in Virginia...and here we must stay.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely house, and beautiful landscaping - you shouldn't take long to sell...

Jennifer P. said...

Oh and it's green too! Perfect! I'm sure it's frustrating to offer it to a bunch of long distance bloggers who say we WOULD buy it if only....

Wishing you all the best for a quick sale. I know the market is in a downturn, but it's not impossible--especially with a great styled home (I'm sure Nester will help you there!). Our old, TINY one sold in 48 days.

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

Why would you every want to sell this beautiful house??? LOL!

I can only dream of finding one like that here. All of those have been snatched up and redone and added on to. Oh and cost like 1/2 a million dollars!

Nevertheless, yours will sell very quickly...I'm sure of it.

Have you posted pictures of your new one yet?

Darla said...

Do you think you'll miss your house? We build and flip houses "on the side" (on the side of WHAT I'm not sure) and I only have one house so far that I really miss.

I think I would miss the one we are in now if I were to move. It's totally me. It's darn near self-cleaning (super simple to keep clean). Not sure we want to flip again....we're kinda tired. lol

Our life.... said...

hi emily,
not kidding, we are house shopping now....i asked meredith where yall lived and she told me....do you have any specs?? are you listed on listingbook??

joy (meredith's sister)

Aubrey said...

It's so cute--how can you possible abandon it? I wish we could move there and buy it. I'm sick of Utah winter it just won't end and bitterly hangs on for every little bit it's worth. Spring taunts us and then goes back into hiding. I'm so sick of it. And believe me, yard sale season is not beginning yet. I'll ask my husband if we can move there, solely to buy your house.

renae said...

Ok, now I really want it! I have a crepe myrtle in the exact same spot in front of my house but no matter what I do, that thing just wont bloom like that! It is just a sad, bald crappy myrtle.