Friday, March 14, 2008

the real story

You know how sometimes you laugh so much you cry or you cry so much you laugh? And how sometimes when you're really nervous or happy or worried, all those emotions come at once and it's hard to separate them?

I know I've been talking about Sting and freaky quirks and 1993. That is classic me: pouring a lot of energy into stupid and meaningless things while big things are happening around me. Like, for example, we bought a house. Two days ago. It's a nice house. A home of a house. It needs some work, which is why we still live in our house. That we love. But are growing out of.

So we bought a house. There is a story that goes with the buying of this house. It is a great story. Maybe I'll tell it sometime.

Now we have two houses. We are homes owners.

And it is stressful. Exciting, too.

So that's what I've been doing.

Photos to come.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

We are going to be homes owners too in the near future. But we're in our fixer now and moving to our non-fixer while keeping our fixer. Say that 10 times fast.

Can't wait to see pics!

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

That's wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures!

Sissy said...

I can so relate to that Emily! There are so many emotions wrapped up in owning two homes. The excitement, the nerves, the worries about money, the dread of packing up all that stuff when you finally found the right place for it, the fun of remodeling all wrapped into one. I was so there last year.

I can't wait for you to post some pics. If you read my post this week, you know I am a house stalker and I almost drove around and stalked the new one...but I don't quite know where it is. Give me a call, girl and maybe you can take me over to see it.

Love you!

Heather said...

That's so exciting!! New houses are full of mixed emotions. I know just exactly how you feel.

Meredith said...

Oooh! Can't wait!

Debbie said...

Two houses! Oh my! Ya gotta keep both clean...I can barely keep the ONE I have clean! :)

Unknown said...

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!" ~Steel Magnolias

My First Kitchen said...

Grrrrr.

Tracey said...

No way! You bought a house and we are just now hearing about it? You are leaving the black kitchen cabinets we are in the process of copying from you? (pictures to follow, my man still has another week or more of painting the rest of them.)

Well, congratulations and I can't wait to see it. God is so good to us! Have a great weekend.

Melissa Stover said...

ah, that's big. can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tonja said...

How exciting! Just think...an opportunity to decorate and fix it just like you want...maybe try something that you've never tried before. Oh, the possibilities!

Have fun!

Aubrey said...

I can't wait to see pictures and to hear about what you let the Nester help you do to your new place.

Wilson Ramblings said...

we are both so excited for you guys! I'm still living vicariously through you with this move! :) Let us know if you need any help! okay... see you soon.

Nan said...

Congrats, I think! It is stressful, I know! We owned our condo in the Boro for 2 and a half years after we moved here! PAIN! Good luck with the fixin up!

Megan O. said...

I want to hear the story and see the pictures! (Demanding much?) We've been looking at houses, talking a lot about it, but you're right, it's such an emotional process. I think that's what's kind of kept us at the looking phase for awhile now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emily!