Wednesday, May 07, 2008

remember these?

This was the living room of our new old house back in March. I already posted about it once, but I've been flipping through photos to remember what it used to look like.

This was it on moving day morning, pre-truck. And don't go asking me for photos post-truck cuz I haven't taken any yet. But I will. Oh, I will.

Here's that sun room photo again, for you who never saw the before.

And from another angle. This was what it looked like when we bought it. I doubted that this room had hope at first glance. But upon further speculation...

Ahhh, the after. Like my Costco rug? That was the I'm Moving Into A House With No Carpet Tomorrow And My Kids Are Really Gonna Need A Soft Place To Play Rug.

It was a good moving day, as moving days go. While I spent lots of time pacing, pointing and kicking myself for wearing bright pink underwear that tend to peek out from the back of my jeans every time I bend over (and can you imagine how much bending went on during MOVING DAY?), my kids were busy getting to know our neighbors. Now that we live on a cul-de-sac with their cousin, they are going to be outside all day, all summer. Which I love.
They have already begun to make themselves very comfortable in that sun room, which is of course as it should be. And life continues as usual, in a new old house we are learning to call home.

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so so so pretty! Congrats on your new home. I love before and after photos!

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous so far, Emily!

Can't wait to see the rest of the before-and-afters...

Momma Mary said...

Oooh, I like the sun room! FUN!

Tiffany said...

I was hoping you'd post pictures! I love the Costco rug and that paint color in the sun room is fantastic.. but neither compare to those gorgeous smiles on happy girls.

Sincerely Yours said...

Wow the transformations are amazing! Can't wait to see more. The sun room looks so good. Congrats on the new house!

Sissy said...

I've been wondering how it all went, but I didn't want to call you and interrupt any nesting! Glad it went well, can't wait to see more. So happy for you, Em.

Jaelou said...

I wanna come over!!!!!!!! Have a house warming party so I can come look :)

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Love the color in the sunroom.........would you share the name please? Congrats on the move and I'm jealous your kids get to grow up so close to their cousins!

Mommy said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Wow, the sun room looks so pretty now. I really enjoy seeing the transformation of the house. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Heather said...

I LOVE your sunroom! What a happy place to play.

Wilson Ramblings said...

where ever polly pockets is, there will be fun! when you're 4 home is where polly pockets ends up!

Chris said...

When I see that you have a new post, it's like giving a drug addict their fix (not that I would know--really). A sense of calmness comes over me. :) That being said, I LOVE the sun room. I LOVE the color. I can't wait to see what other treasures you can show us in the house!

Katie said...

It looks so good! As soon as I saw the sunroom, I saw potential...I would loooove to have a sunroom! The kids looks so cute in their Salty Dog tees. :o)

Mrs. K said...

I'll bet that "hopeless" sunroom becomes the most used room in your house! Enjoy!

His Girl said...

oooooh I love these pictures! makes me all wanderlust...

Melissa said...

I've come from Nester~I love your blog! you two would be such fun sisters to know. You've got great taste and I love your home transformations. Bravo to you for seeing the possibilities in an older house that just needed a facelift. The sunroom looks so inviting and comforting~I like your Costco rug too! Keep it up~can't wait to see the rest!

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

Your home looks so great! I am very jealous...yes, I know God says I shouldn't be...but I kinda am. You are so blessed!!!

Thanks for sharing...I love the blue color in your sun room. Can you tell me what color and where I can find it?

Susan

Magistra Mommy said...

Ooooh...you just can't do that to us! One teensy little "after" shot simply will NOT do! LOL ;o)

Glad you are settling in well. The kiddos look adorable! :o)

The Nester said...

Well, what a teaser that last shot was, dear niece, please move so we can see more.

I will now start my own rioting chant complete with hammer and tacks in hand "Show. Us. More! Show. Us. More."

Some of us don't live on your street and we would like to see a few more photographs. I mean, really do you have to change diapers and make sure your fridge is working and cook dinner and was laundry? We. Want. Photos!

It looks great so far!

Brian and Staci said...

Wow! I love that sunroom! I bet it turns out to be one of your favorite rooms! And your kiddoes already look sooo happy there! I'm glad all went smoothely and can't wait to see more pics! Oh yea...does she have a name yet??

Kimba said...

Wow! What a beautiful room. So much light and that wall color is perfect! What is it?

Glad to hear that the move went well. Have fun getting settled.

Tonja said...

I love what you did to the sunroom...pretty color and love the yellow, too. Congrats!

Leanne said...

Thanks for posting pictures of everything coming together! It'll be fun to see more pictures as you get things put away.

You are incredibly blessed.

Leanne in Longview
http://mysupplications.blogspot.com

Victorian Lady said...

I LOVE the sun room! Congratulations on your new home!

Mere

John Deere Mom said...

Love the colors in the sunroom. Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. (But...get busy and share some more!)

Heathahlee said...

Okay, I'll add my two cents to the rest of the chanters...more pics please! Beautiful changes so far! Makes me want to paint all over my house!

angela | the painted house said...

You didn't like those pink drapes in the living room? Where is your sense of fun??? :) That honestly has to be the strangest "design" I've ever seen. I like retro/vintage design but I have the feeling that this was never right. I'm sure those windows are thanking you for freeing them from that pink-frothy-white-ornate bondage.

The sunroom looks fabulous. Just the kind of place I would love to hang.

Anonymous said...

Your home looks great! Congrats on getting moved! Love the sunroom....I am sooo jealous. Can't wait for more pics. I am in the process of painting my guest bath Oyster Bay because of this sunroom!

DairyQueen said...

looking good! amazing what taking down dated curtains can do! That's the first thing we did when we moved in too. We had these knick knack shelf things with rods. They were hand made by one of the previous owners (who we know), and I felt kinda bad that as soon as we signed papers we came and took them down. My poor husband said he didn't care what I did,but those little country heart cut-outs had to go!

Can't wait to see the new pictures!! Have fun!

The Gerster Family said...

I LOVE the sunroom! It looks so fresh and welcoming. A great place to spend all day. Great job on the renovations!

Aubrey said...

It's amazing the vision you had. I would have gone in that house and walked right back out, thinking all those wood cornices were permanent. It looks so good. How the heck did you get that huge mirror off of the wall?

Hope you're still surviving the move. Moving utterly exhausts me, probably because my husband insists on not hiring a company, but getting his brothers to help. They're, uh, not exactly professionals, and not as young as they used to be (I think their guts get in the way) and they like to dump almost everything in the living room in gargantuan piles. But, that's how we do things in UT.

I told my hub we're doing it all by ourselves next time and we'll just get trusted neighbors to help with the piano. It's our only REAL piece of furniture anyway.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Emily!! I look forward to seeing more pics. I'm sure the kids have new best friends already and that their cousins are showing them the ropes in the cul de sac. :)

Tracey said...

The sun room looks beautiful! I can't wait to hear what you name your new beauty. Good bye Sophie Marie, hello ________?

Sing4joy said...

Sounds dreamy. I will enjoy watching your progress! I am so thankful you got rid of the window contraptions - and I don't even live there!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Love It! I think it looks fabulous!

Kim said...

It looks Fan-tab-U-lous!!! So, why did you not want to keep the pink sheers with the "original" floor-length cornices {Didn't know that was even possible!}??

Sibi said...

You all have done a terrific job making your new home
"yours"..it is really lovely!

Congratulations on selling your beloved Sophie Marie
in a manner of days!!! Pass along some love.
Ours has been on the market 3 months and I am
feeling a little discouraged!! Not sure how much
more fluffing and fixing we can do!!!

Great paint colors and I love your simple- less is more
style.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

love the pics

kelly said...

39 comments. wow. my little comment might get lost in the crowd, but i wanted to post anyway. love the sunroom! looks like you all are settling in nicely! are you having sophie marie withdrawal?

Lisa said...

Your new home is beautiful! What is the name of the paint color in the sunroom? It looks great with the white trim!