Monday, May 19, 2008

it was only a matter of time

My husband is a youth pastor. Have I mentioned that?

24 comments:

Jen said...

oh yes! We had this when Jeff was in the ministry--and he wasn't even the youth pastor. Remember, they only pick on those they love! :-)

Anonymous said...

OH my, so glad to find you. Your sister showed me the way. Can't wait to read more and find out about your new house.

Robin/Southern Bella

Wilson Ramblings said...

hysterical! Too funny

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Sissy said...

I like the look!

The Gerster Family said...

Nice...did your sprinklers turn on? That's always nice...

fortyb4forty said...

Did you recycle?

Unknown said...

At least they were thorough.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Ha! I was one of those youth group kids that did that to our youth pastor! So funny! I love that you got a picture of it! You are so great at capturing all your memories!

Jennifer P. said...

Oh look---now you have forks enough to use for the rest of the year :)! It sure is festive looking!!!

Cambre said...

What was your first reaction?

and I am afraid to say it....
Do you think this will be the last?

Anonymous said...

Wow, they did a good job! I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. But since it's not my mess to clean, I am totally laughing!

Anonymous said...

My first thought was What do your new neighbors think? I know bil lives there but what about the others? I'm sure they think riff raff has moved in. LOL!! :)

His Girl said...

totally gave me the giggles.

Aubrey said...

I miss the days when I actually did that--but to boys I liked.
At least it wasn't styrofoam cups (full of sprinkler water)toothpicked into the ground. I knew who did that one and returned the favor.

cath said...

You have great trees for TPing...really, you can't blame them. Far too tempting :).

I do think you should reuse the forks the next time they all come over for some snacks. If not to eat from then make a fun picture for their youth room.

Anonymous said...

i remember those days!

looks like you have the perfect yard for a little "rolling"...

Fifi said...

That's a first for me...... never seen that before!
Hilarious!.... did you find the little bliters and make them clean up????? teehee

christ*in said...

please don't blame me for my brothers actions. . . haha. yeah im sorry about that i swear we're not really related. one of us must have been adopted.

Chris said...

I got ya. I teach high schoolers. Enough said. :)

Tracey said...

Well, welcome to the neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

my husband is a youth minister too. how in the world we've managed to not get tp'ed over the last 7 years is beyond me. in august he's leaving youth ministry to start teaching at a private school. scary. i hope the snobby teenagers don't find out where i live. but seriously, now that i've typed this, we'll probably get tp'ed this weekend. sigh.

Jules said...

Mine is too! Amazingly we get T.P. ed on Saturday nights when my husband has to be at church at 5:30 the next day. Guess who cleans up? The one at home desperately trying to flat iron her hair and get two spicy toddlers ready in time for the 10:30 service. Oh, and we get "forked" all of the time too. Imagine crawling on the lawn plucking out 500 plastic forks. Fun fun fun!

Anonymous said...

my dad is a pastor and my mom's a teacher, so we grew up with this phenomenon.

to get rid of the tp, just light a match to it. it burns up so quickly that it won't hurt the grass or trees. of course, it doesn't work if it's wet. :( just wait until it dries out.

no answer for the forks, though. that was past my high school years. i like "cath"'s suggestion of using the forks at your next youth event. that's funny!