Sunday, December 28, 2008

find the baby, find the peace

Not only is this what Nana's house looked like on Christmas afternoon, it is also what my brain feels like this week. Finding the important in the midst of the crazy is a challenge today. But I know it is in here somewhere, hiding beneath all these piles of laundry and torn up gift wrap.

28 comments:

My First Kitchen said...

Am I first? Oh, how I love that little man.

Dana and Daisy said...

that is sweet!

Shilo said...

Looks like the scene at my mom's house too! :)

Valarie Lea said...

Awww that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you did it on purpose, but the title of your post made me think, "Find the Baby, find the peace," with the emphasis on the capital B. With all of the craziness that comes with Christmas, the Christ child is our only hope for peace. But we have to look. Thanks for making me think tonight. (And your baby is so precious, by the way!!)

Carly Winborne said...

one of the things i love the most about photos on blogs is peeking into another's life. i just had to enlarge this one and what did i find?

my little boy sleeps EXACTLY like yours, with that exact Angel Dear blanket over his face. Plus, we have stockings just like that pottery barn stocking on the floor in front of hte couch. PLUS, we have that exact baby doll dressed in pink on the couch. ours used to talk and cry, until i had to take the box out. minor surgery to preserve mommy's sanity!

sorry for the long comment, but i was just floored with similarities!

Melissa Stover said...

precious!

KatBouska said...

What a sweetheart!

That looks like my brain everyday. ;)

Mom in High Heels said...

This is exactly what I love about Christmas with little ones. What a sweetie pie!

Lise Samson said...

Tout à fait adorable!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a sweetie! He is pooped from all the festivities!
-sandy toes

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I didn't even see him in the first picture :) I did the exact same thing on our couch about an hour after the last present was opened. He is so sweet!

-Hayley

Kristen said...

I'm with Melissa--your post title made me think about the potential double meaning. As usual, thanks for the reminder to slow down and look for what matters.

Unknown said...

How adorable!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

OH my goodness. This picture is priceless. So honest and peaceful. Thank you for sharing!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

ditto! exactly what our home looked like..except without cute manchild. i love the newness ahead and clearing out the clutter!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh my..off to show my girls your precious little guy.
And about the laundry....our dryer went out on the 25th. Ours is now a stinky peace, but as your hubby reminded us - that day was probably smelly and noisy. Definitely not a silent night (much like our home). ;)

Jami said...

What a great picture and promise! :)

Jami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen P said...

Hi - I was a hero over Christmas thanks to your photo advice! If I ever figure out how to get them off my camera I'll send them to you.

Somehow we managed to have a sweet and peaceful Christmas. Of course, I hosted NOTHING at my house. Hmmmm....

Sweet pic!

Lady Dorothy said...

Ah, this Nana's house looked a lot like that all this last week -- complete with sleeping babies!

Tina said...

ah- sweet peace. it has eluded me this week- hope to find it soon...

Rachel said...

Oh I didn't even see your sweetie pie, he's so cute! The picture reminds me of when I was little and we were moving- suddenly my brother was nowhere to be found and my mother was swearing because she told him he was not allowed to go with the big boys and had to pack his toys. We figured he'd snuck away with them. Low and behold, hours later, I found a foot in a pile of toys- He'd fallen asleep! The scene was much, much worse than your photo but the same idea, lol.

~Rachel

Denise K. said...

Oh, how sweet to see a darling baby fast asleep in the middle of all the Christmas joy. I hope you and your family enjoyed a blessed Christmas together. My mother passed away on Dec. 26th after her year long battle with brain cancer. We still see hope and joy in the future; and I see it so clearly in your picture too.

His Girl said...

darling...funny... and totally deep- well done!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I hope you do not mind that I am following yours. I am new to blogging, if you have any suggestions, I would gladly apreciate them! Thanks
http://cmcclellan.blogspot.com/

Aubrey said...

The baby-who-is-now-unnamed looks so so cute.
And are you kidding me? That's what my house looks like every day. But without the gift bags. Or dancers is the background. We don't have any dancers.

Amber said...

That is such a precious picture. Completely worn out from all the Christmas excitement. I wish I could be more childlike and collapse in the middle of the chaos for a nap, too!