Wednesday, November 05, 2008

those creative women

I'm so excited about this Saturday November 8. If you are local, you won't want to miss out on a gathering of talent at Kendra's house this weekend. Click on the icon for the details. There will be food. There will be jewelry. There will be stained glass art. There will be Nester tassels-a-plenty.

And of course there will be me, the tag-a-long little sister. I have no talent to sell. I will stand around and make people laugh with my fabulous wit while undoubtedly stuffing my face to feed my ever expanding muffin top.
And I might take a few photos for kicks.

So come. Eat. Be merry. Buy a few Christmas gifts. Or not. But come. It's gonna be great!

22 comments:

Mom in High Heels said...

Why don't you sell some of your super-fab photos? I'm SURE you must have a ton. Hey, you and Nester can hook up and she can whip up so pretty frames (you know, using a scrap of wood, a hot glue gun and some fringe) and you can put your lovely photos in them.
Though undoubtedly your sparkling wit will be enough to charm everyone and they won't care if you have nothing to sell.
BTW, I am GREEN with envy. I wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome! But...yeah, a good five hour drive doesn't constitute "local" does it? :( lol.

Bonita said...

How local is local? Is Charlotte local or is it in your city?

emily freeman said...

Local is whatever you want it to be, in my opinion. But technically, local is my city...but the Nester is coming from Charlotte so it's kindasorta local for you!

Kristen said...

I'm so excited! Hubby and I are making a trip home just for this! Well...and to see family we haven't seen in a few months. But this is the reason we chose this weekend!!! See you soon!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I wish I lived close:0!
-sandy toes

Sissy said...

I am coming and I am determined to have my photo taken with both you and the Nester so I can prove I know you both. LOL. See ya later!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Rub it in. I want to hang with your unbelievable wit instead of hocking my wares, smooshed in a booth with 20,000 people treating my samples like it's the Golden Corral. Hmmm....quaint little house at Kendra's or the Holiday Market Coliseum?
Can you tell I am stressed getting ready for it? :)hee hee

Heather said...

Oh, I'm soooooo sad I don't live anywhere near there. It sounds like fun.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

yeah! starbucks & a road trip! i get to come with my friend!

NCJill said...

I can't wait! I actually postponed my 10-yr old daughter's weekend away with mom (to have "the Talk")until next weekend so I can go! (shh!)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Yeah, wish I was a Right Coaster this weekend...but only for this. Well, this and the beach and lighthouses and all that. But we have the arch, so there you go.

Karen P said...

Hi - we are coming back from out of town that day, but I am prepping my hubby that we have to rush home!

Alexa's Photography said...

Emily! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm glad you like the photos. I think my mom and I are going to stop by on Saturday so hopefully I'll get to meet you!

Haroldly Taveras said...

i agree with mom in high heels...i think youre great!

xoxo

Jami said...

I would love to come and laugh and your fabulous wit and eat too. But *sigh* I'm too far away!

Anonymous said...

You gals seem to have so much fun!

I wonder if I could persuade my husband that we need to move...

Amber said...

Oh how I wish I was a local! Or even semi-local. ;) Sounds like a splendidly fun afternoon.

Lee said...

Ooooh, I wanna come soooo bad. Humsoever, I live in Chicago and flights aren't real cheap and also too as well, the gas prices haven't come down enough.
DING DANG it. I do not have any talent to sell either so I could stand around and be witty too. And my muffin top has turned into a Pilsbury dough factory. Oh, and I could also tell of my polling experience! ;)
So instead, I will support these fabulously talented women by simply praying for a great turn out, and purchasing my ever DEcreasing CHRISTmas list items through them. Fair enough?

Aubrey said...

Ooh, take lots and lots and lots of pictures for those of us too poor to jet over (about 15 states) for the day.

Oh funny. My word verification is "pouts". How appropriate.

Aubrey said...

And this verification is "extra", so here's an extra admonition to take lots of pictures. I love your pictures. When I grow up, I want to be a photographer like you.
Okay I'm a dork.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! Great post. One main reason for choosing to teach my twins at home is to have TIME to squeeze the life out of each moment with them. BTW, if you don't already know, Mercy Project is back.