Sunday, November 09, 2008

those creative women in living color

Those Creative Women had their show on Saturday and, since I have no goods to sell, I did my best to capture the work of their creative hands.
Kendra at My First Kitchen sold her homemade spices. Just look at these tiny jars. They were my favorite.
The Nester celebrated her birthday by selling her lovely tassels. Doesn't that chocolate lab tassel look like a real chocolate lab? As in, let me bite your head off on Easter?
Kendra's mom of Imagery Limited was there with lots of stained glass lovelies. I wanted all of them.
Here are some of the necklaces Melody makes. I wanted to buy one but guess what I left at home? That's right. ALL MY MONEY. Who comes to a show like this with no money? The tagalong little sister, that's who.

As much as I loved all the creative goods, my most favorite part of the day was mingling with all of the women who came to the show, both new friends and old.
Here's Sissy from Out on a Limb getting a quick consultation from The Nester. Yes, she brought photos from home. And she wasn't the only one who did this, by the way.
Look who else came. It's June from Bye, Bye Pie! She had a tassel on her head within 25 seconds of entering the door. Full of laughs, that one. And she evidently she can't keep her hands off her chest.
Students came too. See that one there in the middle? She reads Bye, Bye Pie during school hours and then calls her classmates to gather round the computer and laugh. So June, don't be surprised if you are nominated for a senior superlative because these cool kids are totally into you.
These girls may get the award for who traveled farthest (furthest?) for the show. Pink and Polka Dot and Everyday Grace (who has a private blog) drove from out of town to chat, mingle and browse. They may or may not have bought tassels. They may or may not have brought us presents. It may or may not have been my favorite part of the day. I just love the blog world.

In closing, let me leave you with some of the families involved in the day:
Here's Kendra with her beautiful sister Hannah and their uber talented mom, Cindy.
Look! It's Lauren with her lovely sister Amanda. She also brought her fiance Justin who was semi-famous among the women at the show as he was A. one of the only men in attendance and B. we've all seen his photos on her blog.
Kristin and her mom smile for me just after making their purchases. Don't they look happy? If you missed out on the show but would still like to buy a few gifts for Christmas, all these girls have Etsy shops so check them out.

I felt compelled to share these photos, as it was my craft for the day. Thanks for reading and happy shopping.

27 comments:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I just love the blog world, too. And I can't BELIEVE you left your money at home!!! Although, that might have been a more safe option...for me at least. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how fun!! I think you girls should make this an annual thing. I'm always looking for an excuse to go back home, and Greensboro is just a hop, skip, and a jump from my mom's house. Please, please do it again next year :)

-Hayley

taylor made said...

and I got my guaranteed hug.
p.s. it startled me to see me on here. sometimes I feel like you're famous. or that popular girl I know.
except I really really like you.

Melissa Stover said...

what fun!

Melissa said...

i knew i could come and check and you'd have pics up. at least i can see how beautiful everything and everyone was from here. great job capturing! and sad i missed seeing you lovlies!

Marianne said...

Oh if there only wasn't an ocean in between I would have been there for sure.
Thanks for the pictures, now I don't feel so left out.
Greetings from Europe.

Unknown said...

AHH! You made me famous!

Caroline said...

Looks like fun was had by all. And you did bring something to the show...your gift of photography, which without I would not have been able to know what the heck went on that day.

P.S. I am soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the 22nd!

Sissy said...

Ok, you are now my favorite photographer EVER. I look so thin in that picture! I love it. I had a great time on Saturday meeting a whole bunch of great women. We should definitely do it again.

My First Kitchen said...

Love Taylor's comment. Oh my goodness. And I'm glad you liked the jars. Next time bring money. And perhaps some socks to sell.

TupeloLove said...

I hate that I had to miss this! I was so hoping you would all finally become my real life friends instead of my virtual fellow blogging friends. Looks like it was a huge success though!

Bonita said...

Looks like a lot of fun and great shopping! I'm glad you girls got to share your talents with others.

Anonymous said...

At last, after 25 years, I am cool among high school girls. Is it possible they could go back to 1983 and tell Ann Fitzpatrick that I am too cool? And maybe, you know, kick a little?

It was really fun to see you all, and I love the wares that I bought. Teach me how to photograph, will you?

Anonymous said...

Oh, peedaddle. Kick HER a little. Not kick a little. I don't want them to go all the way back to 1983 and become Rockettes. I hate everything.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yea - I knew you would come through for us with an update. Yipee....if you make it an annual thing. Please do NOT hold it the same weekend as the Holiday MArket. :)

Lauren and Justin said...

i would love to see all your pictures!

It was so so so good to spend a little more time with you this weekend! It was way fun.

onlymehere said...

How fun to get together! I visit some of these ladies at their blogs and it was fun to see them. I may have to look into getting together with some who live around me! Glad it was a good time for you!

NCJill said...

Oh, what a fab day! Emily, you were so CHARMING and WITTY!! Thank you for gracing us with your (penniless) self. Hey I would have gladly shared some of my pennies with you, which is all I had left after my brilliant purchases! :)Ya-hoo!

How about this show TWICE a year? or three times....or opening a store.....oh yeah, you already have that at Etsy, but where would the fun fellowship be in THAT!? :)

edie said...

Why oh why do I not live in North Carolina??Looks like so much fun.

Aubrey said...

I just figured out I'm only 5 states away, not 15, but cut me some slack--it's been a little while since 5th grade.

I think it's good I couldn't come, you guys are way classier than I, and it would have taken more than having my hair done that day (like June) to feel cool enough to be in your presences.

Seriously--when I met Jennifer P? Can we say clam? And not one with a pearl in it? But more zits than should be legally possible for a woman with 3 children. I am just. too. shy. Or socially handicapped. But I wish I could have seen a tassel in person. And a photographer with some mad skillz.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

i loved, loved meeting you and look forward to our paths crossing again! it was such fun. i can't wait til next time!

Lee said...

What? Are all the women n blog world now using June's fabulous face cream and makeup? You all have such great skin! I could never come to one of these blogger parties...you are all too beautiful! I would feel so..so...so...not beautiful. Thanks for the pictures. It was almost as good as being there.
You could have gone around asking to borrow money from people *promising* to pay them back!

Karen P said...

I am still not over missing the show. I may have to stalk (I mean meet) Kendra's mom soon - I won her giveaway ya know!

It looked like an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

WHAT fun! It was so great to see you again. You pretty well captured the gist of the day as I remember it, too. And amazing photos!

juliro said...

im on your blog! thats exciting. i feel kind of famous. but only kind of.
bye bye pie, i would totally go back in time to tell all of the girls how cool you are. i think your fantasticly hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I was great seeing you at the home show. You two are so blessed to have one another! Did the nester tell you she is coming back for a home show on Dec. 7. Yeah! Can you tell I am just so excited?!? I hope we will be seeing you there, as well. Love the pictures you posted.

Anonymous said...

OK...I have to admit that I had to look up "uber". The first definition was something about a German philosopher, the second Superman, the third was something about Saturday Night Live but I've got it now. Thank you Wikipedia. Thanks friend!