Friday, November 14, 2008

just tell it.

Everyone has a story.

Every story is important.

Just because you can't tell it perfectly doesn't mean you shouldn't tell it at all.

Just because it may have already been said doesn't mean you shouldn't say it, too.

Just because you aren't the best one doesn't mean you can't be one.

You may not be famous for it. You may not have invented it. But you still need to say it, to speak your story out loud, to see who might be listening.

Because everyone has a story. And one of them needs to hear yours.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. And that photo is beautiful. I think the greatest thing about blogging is that it give everyone a voice, a way to be heard. And it's even more beautiful when you find someone listening.

Katy said...

That's well put! You're sweet. Thanks for the nice words.

Denise K. said...

Yes, I couldn't agree more! I think everyone should have a blog for this very reason...everyone has a story to tell.

I often think about Laura Ingalls Wilder...we all loved her books as little girls, I read them to my
3rd grade students for years, and everyone enjoyed hearing her story. Her life was actually very ordinary, but she took the time to write about it, and now we all know what life was like for a little girl growing up in the 1860's.

One day, this day, will be a long time ago...let's journal it now and know that one day our great grandchildren will be reading it!

(Lastly, I went into a copy center to see about having our blog printed out. It has been almost a year and I thought it would be neat to have it spiral bound and be able to review our life over the year! Another way to document what was happening in your family over a period of time!

Moi said...

Definitely. Sometimes I post pictures of home decor - But sometimes my blog is my little heart outlet.
I love the picture.

Shilo said...

You are beautiful and this is just one more proof. Blessings!

Lauren and Justin said...

sweet post, em :)

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Amazing...I've been thinking the very same thoughts lately.

I LOVE to hear what's going on in the heart of people...in their own words..through their own eyes.

Thanks for this great encouragement!!!

Emily said...

Our church did a promotion on their website called "Share Your Story." It was basically a way to share your "Coming to Christ" story...and it was amazing how many people participated. It was so encouraging to hear how everyone has a "different" way to Christ, but He meets us all in the same place....The foot of the Cross.

Star Forbis said...

Beautiful!

Kira said...

I once had an asst. who had no fear. She would just ask people what their story was. She used to say that, "everyone has a story and they want to share it". In the 4 years I worked with her I was AMAZED at the things people had gone through and overcome. Thank you for the reminder.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

We are blessed that you are sharing yours...here.....
and you sound a bit like your hubby in this post. :)

Lee said...

Sometimes our stories are just a moment in time. Sometimes it is the things that happened long ago that molded us into what/who we are today. Sometimes it is just saying out loud the things of your heart that only God hears but our human desire for conectedness draws it out of us....sometimes in the most surprising circumstances. Conectedness. That is what we all want, desire and seek. DOn't you think?

Andrea said...

Thanks for this. Last night I posted about reaching my reading goal (early) for the year. After I posted, I thought, "Well who really cares about that? That was a dumb post." Then today I read your post and realized even if no one else cares, I do.

I love reading blogs because they are like mini novels that never end. So perfect for me.

Shell in your Pocket said...

You are great..I love that picture...everyone does have a story!! I think Blogs inspire people to tell them!
-sandy toes

Jill said...

Amen, sista!

Anonymous said...

Nicely said. It is nice to share part of my storie, even if it is not read (mostly it is), but just to have that feeling that somewhere out there are women with the same problems, worries, joys is great for me. As you said it everyone has a story.

Suzy

Kimba said...

True. True. And more true. We never know who is going to be touched or affected when we tell our stories.

Kimba said...

True. True. And more true. We never know who is going to be touched or affected when we tell our stories.

Vicki Clifton said...

thank! That's encouraging...but I 'told' part of my story recently and was totally misunderstood by some people. Oh, well, guess that's life!
I really enjoy your blog.

Angie Seaman said...

Love your blog. Keep up the awesome work. I'v stopped by a few times since stumbling upon you and always love what I find when here.
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

Mama said...

That's absolutely right! I tell my students this exact thing: there are 600 kids in our school, and there are at least 600 stories worth telling.

Very good post.

trish said...

I have wanted to email you a million times over the past 72 hours. Knowing your love for youth and the fact that your husband is a pastor...
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

The Nester said...

what a powerful post with so few words!

Elaine said...

Thank you. I needed the push. Today.

Anonymous said...

One of my sister's critical nurses was exceptionally compassionate. She even volunteered to give her a bath. I had to know her story. She had spent an extended period of time in ICU herself so she understood. She won't change the world but she changed my sister's world.

~Grace and Peace said...

Thank you for your encouragement. The Lord put it in my heart to do one and reading your post the other day was a confirmation to me. So, I started one as well.

http://ajoyfulwife.blogspot.com/

Thank you ~ I do have a story to tell and I hope that if someone is going through what I'm going through, that they would be encouraged.

Jami said...

Preach it sister! :)

Jaelou said...

Oh I just saw/heard something that reminded me of this post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIizh6nYnTU

"There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people are as an extra, they're all leads in their own stories."

Anonymous said...

Thank you. :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the inspiration.