Saturday, October 11, 2008

kimba's in town!

Lucky me got to have brunch with Jen, Kimba, Jill, Nester, Kendra and Lauren. This is the after shot. Before brunch, I was about 20 pounds lighter. Seriously. And we are working on Jill to get a blog because it is no fun to not have your name highlighted. We had a great time together and I am so happy to have met Kimba in real life.

21 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

No way...you are quick, my friend. You forgot to mention your amazing self timer giftedness. :)

bloggin' Chrystal said...

I'm so jealous! I wanna come have fun with ya'll!!!!!!!! Any room for a Southern Gal in that group?

Jennifer P. said...

I would have L-O-V-E-D to be in on that group! How FUN :)! Glad you guys had a great time---and you all look cute as cute can be!

Amber said...

How Fun! You lucky gals! Who doesn't love a delicious brunch with laughter and fun conversation?! You know you are making the rest of us jealous. :) And, we are dying to know what creative brilliance came out of that brunch!

Caren said...

They're all so cute! I love all your blogs and I love Kimba's especially but I can't completely figure out which one she is!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun...It is always nice to be surrounded my dear friends and a yummy lunch!
-Sandy Toes

Caroline said...

How fun! on Twilight night, PLEASE bring your camera and we can take pictures of us acting out scenes from the movie. We'll have to find a stand-in Edward though, unless we want to "track" the real thing!

Kristen said...

I'm sitting here super jealous. Really jealous. Is that Mimi's Cafe? If it is, it's one of my favorite brunches in the world. If it's not, well...I'm sure brunch was still good. I miss you, Lauren and Kendra and I'm so excited to see you guys Nov. 8!

Kimba said...

Man, you're fast! I am so thrilled that I got to meet you all in real life. Thank you so much for taking the time to come and and have brunch and chat.

You're just as sweet and fun in real life as you are on your blog.

Kimba

||| laura frantz ||| said...

GIRLFRIENDS!!
How cool is that? You are blessed, Emily! Did you feel like one of the popular girls hanging out at the best table in the cafeteria??

Amara said...

So where was the cute place you ate? Looks like you guys had a good time! Too bad you're all on the other side of the country. I'm a faithful reader anyway --great writing!

Heathahlee said...

So jealous of ALL of you! : )

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Caren - Kimba is in the back room...in the middle with the cute brown bob..yep, she got her hair cut from her profile..isn't it cute? She is sitting to the right of me (Jen..I am the blond in black). I can see how it would be tricky, because we aren't all lined up straight like good little photographed girls. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

How fun! Wish we could all meet up. I'd love to meet Jen & Kimba too, since they come by to visit me sometimes. You and your sis sure look a lot alike!

Caren said...

Thanks! I know I said it before but you all look so cute!

Tracey said...

I think of you each and every time I tuck my tummy in my jeans before sitting down. And I giggle.

Kristen said...

Haha. Thanks. No I didn't get to sit and read for that many hours straight. It just didn't take me long to read when I did get a chance to sit down with it. I'm waiting for the library to let me have the next one. I'm not sure if I want to buy all four yet. But thanks. I feel welcomed. Really.

Lauren and Justin said...

emily, it was so good to spend a little more time with you on friday for brunch. i had SUCH a great time :) thanks for being a photographic guru, too!

i hope we can keep being real life friends!

Have a great sunday...

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Okay... my book is officially done and I am now officially in the mood to schedule the lunch with you and Nester... officially. Smiles.

Can't wait!

And bring some of those Mommy goodies I saw a few posts down. Yum. And any other friends that want to hang out with us girls for a little while.

E-mail me when you get a chance.

Denise K. said...

What a wonderful get together! Like I commented on your sister's blog, you southern gals have it all together! :-) What fun to meet a fellow blogger and spend the afternoon with friends!

Just because I like holidays...

Happy Columbus Day tomorrow! :-)

Love from Colorado,
Denise :-)

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!! Kimba seems like such a sweetheart!