I am heading on over to your house, my friend. :)Save me some OREOS! Oh, and Lowes has triple coupons till tomorrow. Don't want to go...really don't want to, but too much cheap food to pass up. We can make it a field trip with all the girls before brunch tomorrow. :) Now that would make it really fun!
So how many Oreos do you have left? None for me yesterday, but I had leftover truffles. Yesterday's count? Four. Truffles. Four truffles. Seriously. Rolled in Oreos.
I have been buying brownie mix and chocolate chips to enhance said mix the last several times I've been to the store. Except I usually buy them in pairs. Fall says baking to me--and my thighs.
My last trip like that ended with marked down chocolate cover cream puffs and a Warm Delight. I don't know how you feel about a microwavable cake, but if you haven't tried it I highly reccomend! I find comfort in knowing I am only 1 min 15 secs away from a warm molten caramel and chocolate cake (great when the hubby's away!). Also - love the sparkling grape juice!!!!
A photo montage of one of my shopping trips would look similar except there would be Sam's Club sized boxes of brownie mix and chocolate chips and the Oreos would be Double stuffed, chocolate filled, fudge covered Oreos!!! Sad, I know!
This must have been from the day you called me in a desperate voice, saying "you won't be my friend anymore if I don't buy Breaking Dawn." That's right, I won't, and so you did.
HAHAHA!... Oh my goodness - I have my own version of that exact same shopping weakness! (but c'mon - we take care of everyone else in the family, so we can't forget to spoil ourselves once in a while (or in my case, every shopping trip)! I'm sure you have more than earned each and every one of those oreos!
You have a lot more will power than I do. I couldn't wait to get the book and got it on the first night. As for the rest... well I get them for me but tell my hubby that they are for him. It's a win, win situation.
Good for mom! I bought myself a 1/2 pound of my favorite See's candy and ate it all in less than 24 hours... and I have to admit I just got book 1 of that series... I am WAY behind ;)
good thing the kids have apple sauce, bread, milk and bananas to live on the next two days while mom reads - I have heard that book is hard to put down.
I love "the mom" items!! I kind of experienced similar weaknesses today too. NEVER go shopping when your hungry and frustrated...two lethal combinations!
I am a house-loving, bargain-hunting mother of 3 little ones. I love creamy coffee, my good-smelling man, a clean kitchen and a nicely painted wall. I am sometimes tricked into believing that I have to be amazing and perfect while saving the world. I am learning what it means to trust Jesus to be Himself in and through me. I delight in finding the holy moments in the midst of everyday life.
Tuesday, after a reckless and used day, I was running and running without a chance to stop and chat at the sky And finally, I stopped for a breath in the evening. And suddenly, I was caught by the scenery... painting a picture of You. ~Sarah Masen Tuesday
41 comments:
Too funny! Enjoy your yummy treats and fabulous book!
That looks just like my shopping trip last month :) Were you peeking at me???
I am heading on over to your house, my friend. :)Save me some OREOS!
Oh, and Lowes has triple coupons till tomorrow. Don't want to go...really don't want to, but too much cheap food to pass up. We can make it a field trip with all the girls before brunch tomorrow. :)
Now that would make it really fun!
So funny...how true is that!
-Sandy Toes
So how many Oreos do you have left? None for me yesterday, but I had leftover truffles. Yesterday's count? Four. Truffles. Four truffles. Seriously. Rolled in Oreos.
I have been buying brownie mix and chocolate chips to enhance said mix the last several times I've been to the store. Except I usually buy them in pairs. Fall says baking to me--and my thighs.
Bwahahahahaha... that is SO me! Have a great day!
That cracks me up. Those brownies are looking really good right now. And I'm definitely going to have to start reading those Stephenie Meyer books.
have fun with the book!
and just trudge through jacob's section... the last paragraph in his section is all worth it! :)
I wish I could convince my children that the Goldfish were for them and the Oreos were for me.
I agree with Miriam. Pay close attention to Jacob's last sentence in his section. I gasped out loud.
My last trip like that ended with marked down chocolate cover cream puffs and a Warm Delight. I don't know how you feel about a microwavable cake, but if you haven't tried it I highly reccomend! I find comfort in knowing I am only 1 min 15 secs away from a warm molten caramel and chocolate cake (great when the hubby's away!). Also - love the sparkling grape juice!!!!
It sounds like a great day for the Mom when it involves a good book and yummy treats!! I would be oh-so-happy if I were you!
Carrie
A photo montage of one of my shopping trips would look similar except there would be Sam's Club sized boxes of brownie mix and chocolate chips and the Oreos would be Double stuffed, chocolate filled, fudge covered Oreos!!! Sad, I know!
Brownies and Oreos! Enjoy your moment of weakness and send some Oreos in my direction!!!
Lisa Q
You deserve it, Emily!
Yep, I'm right there with you! A girl's GOTTA have chocolate!
This must have been from the day you called me in a desperate voice, saying "you won't be my friend anymore if I don't buy Breaking Dawn." That's right, I won't, and so you did.
Don't read that book! Don't say that you weren't warned. It ends at Eclipse! Seriously.
HAHAHA!... Oh my goodness - I have my own version of that exact same shopping weakness! (but c'mon - we take care of everyone else in the family, so we can't forget to spoil ourselves once in a while (or in my case, every shopping trip)! I'm sure you have more than earned each and every one of those oreos!
Haha, that's great!
Now all you need is a soft blanket and your kids to take a nap.....AAAHHHH what a nice thought ;)
I really liked Jacob's section. I thought we needed an outsider's perspective at that particular point. And he's really funny.
(But, yes, that last paragraph or so of his section is uber-dramatic.)
You have a lot more will power than I do. I couldn't wait to get the book and got it on the first night. As for the rest... well I get them for me but tell my hubby that they are for him. It's a win, win situation.
Good for mom! I bought myself a 1/2 pound of my favorite See's candy and ate it all in less than 24 hours... and I have to admit I just got book 1 of that series... I am WAY behind ;)
So excited to discover your too cute blog. Can I just say, your a MOM...you deserve as many moments of weekness that happen creep up. :)
...And I thought I was the only 30something to read those books!!!
I LOVE it!!! Looks like the perfect night at your house.
Chocolate, Wine, and ChickLit......and I'm not leaving for days!
Haha! I love it! And from what I hear, I've got to start reading those Twilight books. Good call on the Oreos!
good thing the kids have apple sauce, bread, milk and bananas to live on the next two days while mom reads - I have heard that book is hard to put down.
ha ha I see we buy alike ;)
I just finished the 2nd Twilight book...can't wait to start the 3rd!
fun! enjoy ur 'stuff'
My weakness is Arbor Mist Strawberry wine. Sometimes my only motivation to cook is my glass of wine!
hilarious :)
The last pile could also be my shopping list for "single girl"
looove the book! looks like you've covered everyone!
I would say you had a great shopping trip! :)
I love it! So glad to see there are others out there like me!
I love love love this! The chocolate is a for sure!!!
I love "the mom" items!! I kind of experienced similar weaknesses today too. NEVER go shopping when your hungry and frustrated...two lethal combinations!
Post a Comment