What a delight...being able to rest on the eighth day. Too bad the fridge and pantry need to be stocked and my poor, little apartment is desperately crying to be cleaned. Is it possible to let my soul rest while my body has to be busy? If so, I'll join you in that.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
The source of true rest is from our savior Jesus Christ. I pray that you will find rest in Him today. Let us take solace and rest in Him everyday...not just on Sundays when we're "supposed" to
The Matthew quote is right on. That's how I'm going to have to rest today: by letting Him help carry my burdens. I can't stop today, but i can ask for help.
your flowers are so beautiful... ahhh... how i long for a day of rest! it seems like my weekend has also spilled over onto my monday- the marathon continues! i do see a play day in the future though... 11 days isn't so long to wait...
If you call heading over to the B&N Starbucks with my coupon to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte (thanks to Jami for THAT tip!), then my soul rests in the flavah of some imitation pumpkin. It was yummy, Em! You are so wise! I just wished I'd sprung for the bigger cup.
Enjoy your day - however it is that you spend a day soul resting.
I am a house-loving, bargain-hunting mother of 3 little ones. I love creamy coffee, my good-smelling man, a clean kitchen and a nicely painted wall. I am sometimes tricked into believing that I have to be amazing and perfect while saving the world. I am learning what it means to trust Jesus to be Himself in and through me. I delight in finding the holy moments in the midst of everyday life.
Tuesday, after a reckless and used day, I was running and running without a chance to stop and chat at the sky And finally, I stopped for a breath in the evening. And suddenly, I was caught by the scenery... painting a picture of You. ~Sarah Masen Tuesday
16 comments:
Those are awesome flowers and I so wish I could be home today to sleep instead of working. Sigh.
Am I first? Wow.
Those flowers are just beautiful!!!
Happy Monday!
-Sandy toes
I can't rest for two weeks. Then I'll join you through Christmas. My chat on the coach was the most rest I have had..thank you so much! :)
"Sunday tipped over and spilled all over Monday...." I love that!
What a delight...being able to rest on the eighth day. Too bad the fridge and pantry need to be stocked and my poor, little apartment is desperately crying to be cleaned. Is it possible to let my soul rest while my body has to be busy? If so, I'll join you in that.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
The source of true rest is from our savior Jesus Christ. I pray that you will find rest in Him today. Let us take solace and rest in Him everyday...not just on Sundays when we're "supposed" to
The Matthew quote is right on. That's how I'm going to have to rest today: by letting Him help carry my burdens. I can't stop today, but i can ask for help.
Amen! Enjoy your rest!
I'm with you! I woke up this morning and did something dreadful to my back! That pretty much wrecked all my plans of cleaning today.
It sounds wonderful - I have too much on my plate right now to allow Sunday to spill over into THIS Monday.
LOVE the idea, though. I'll take a rain check. :)
Does it involve some very dark chocolate? Then okay.
your flowers are so beautiful... ahhh... how i long for a day of rest! it seems like my weekend has also spilled over onto my monday- the marathon continues! i do see a play day in the future though... 11 days isn't so long to wait...
If you call heading over to the B&N Starbucks with my coupon to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte (thanks to Jami for THAT tip!), then my soul rests in the flavah of some imitation pumpkin. It was yummy, Em! You are so wise! I just wished I'd sprung for the bigger cup.
Enjoy your day - however it is that you spend a day soul resting.
gorgeous flowers? you do 'em?
Hello, btw. Coming out of lurker status on your blog. Love your wit.
That s ounds SO nice!
so important
Post a Comment