When I saw the girl writing your name on the chalkboard at the Target Starbucks, my heart began to dance and sing. I knew it wouldn't be long. As much as I tried to wait until the temperature dropped to at least below 80 degrees, I cannot wait any longer.
Hello, my love. Hello my cinnamon friend, my autumn companion, my cup of frothy October. Your presence is a promise of fall, your steam whispers sweaters, football and bonfires. You are 16 ounces of liquid pie. And even though you are small, you bring so much joy and happiness to all who meet you.
I am sorry I tried to replace you with the International Delight impostor. True, he is more financially savvy than you. And he is willing to live in the midst of harsh conditions on the door of my fridge: the constant opening and closing; the blinking lights; the leftovers inches away. Although he is always available to me, standing tall between the ketchup and the Italian dressing...he is not you.
I love you, Pumpkin Spice Latte. I am so glad you are back.
Emily
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
dear pumpkin spice latte,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
62 comments:
amen!!!
16 oz. of pure fall goodness! I love that thing.:)
I have to say I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard at this. Probably because I feel the EXACT same way about this sinfully expensive, delightful little treat. I smiled the entire day after I got mine last week. I was floating on clouds!
pumpkin spice latte = love in a cup
You're funny!
You are so cute! This delightful drink has not made it to Colorado yet...YIKES! Hopefully this week I can also join the ranks of pumpkin spice latte lovers! :-) Oh yes, the maple latte is also very good!! Fall is in my favorite season of all, and just as you said, these warm drinks just make it come all the sooner!
Awesome! You've given me motivation to get a cup today...are you working for Starbucks now? 'Cause you're good!
You have a Target Starbucks?!?!
PS I don't even drink coffee but it sounds like a good combo...Target and Starbucks. It makes me think that you have an awesome Target!
You are too funny...I think I'll have to try that one!
Oh this is so funny! I went to *$ yesterday, didn't see the Pumpkin Spice Latte written on the drive thru, so I asked and boy was I delighted to here they were in. But get this- she asked if I wanted it cold cause it was 103 degrees outside. Of course, I didn't spoil the drink & order it like that. I wonder if they make Pumpkin Spice Fraps? since we won't go below 100 for several more weeks.
I wish I could afford 380 calories for this drink. I might have to skip breakfast and lunch one day so I can get this! LOL
You crack me up!!! And honestly, I could have written this post!!!
I'm enjoying mine....and it's been so warm and tasty..especially on mornings like today when it was 48 degrees outside.
Enjoy your pie in a cup!! I know I will. :-)
Girl, you need to get out more often! lol
"You are 16 ounces of liquid pie"
Oh that is great! :)
"You are 16 ounces of liquid pie"
Oh that is great! :)
It certainly is the little things in life, isn't it?
I don't drink coffee but I may have to give this a try.
Oh my goodness! How funny are you? I laughed out loud when I read this. LOL!!!!!
Thanks so much for the good laugh this morning. I totally needed it.
Susan
Yes! I feel the same way! My Target Starbucks had the fun little greeting on their chalkboard but when I went to order it, they didn't have it till the next day! They were just getting ready! Bummer :(
Laura :)
Ahhh...welcome fall. You have been missed by lots!
Love it! I didn't know it was back already...it's still in the
90s here :(
I may be stopping by Starbucks when I make the rounds to pick up my kiddies!
Too funny! After reading this, I am definitely going to have to try one!
Let me tell you our hospital has a Starbucks in it and as soon as I have this baby I will be sending my hubby running to get a pumpkin latte for me. I have been dreaming of it for months!!
I LOVE this post!!! And I couldn't feel more the same. In fact, this weekend Marsh and I were out running errands and we ALMOST stopped by Starbucks to see if they were selling those yet, but we decided against it - and I immediately regret this decision. It's a love affair like no other, except maybe the Peppermint Mocha that fills my life with elation in December...
how dare you try an imposter!!!!! I thought about you this morning at MOPS, great speaker, call me when you get a chance... I might have a thing or two for you to try. Until then, keep drinking SPL and praying for cooler weather!
u have to see what i found this morn....a little piece of Heaven.
You are hillarious! Funny thing... my name is Emilie and I posted about the pumpkin spice latte a few days ago... but you did it with way more class and humor;)
About two years ago, we didn't even have a Starbucks here, in Augusta, GA...except for the "Barnes and Noble Cafe". There are now about TEN throughout the area. When they come to town, they don't play around!! My best friend and I meet every Thursday at Starbucks for our "sanity time". We absolutely LOVE fall and all that comes with it. The pumpkin spice latte is the epitomy of fall and it's arrival. VERY WELL SAID!!
~audrey
Too funny! I love those too, but I have to say that I love the gingerbread latte even more. I'm anxiously waiting for that!!
You're to freakin funny. I don't even drink coffee and I'm tempted to try one...heck...how can anything that poetic not taste good!
Emily, you are fantastic. You alerted me to the arrival of one of my favorite fall things. I had no idea it was here already. Now, where are my wallet and my keys?
Oh, wow. Starbucks IN Target? No way! Sounds divine!
I had my PS Frappacino yesterday. It was hot, but I love the ice in those fraps. Yuppy to chomp. I'll be headed by for my latte later, we're finally having a cooler day. Fall is in the air!
I am so very thankful that I still have money on my Starbucks gift card....ahhh.....love = coffee.
This is the most poetic description of a latte that I have ever seen! Maybe Starbucks could work you into a commercial or something.... ;)
Yes! One of my faves... How do I love thee Pumpkin Spice? Let me count the ways....
I too LOVE this wonderful fall drink and my heart SKIPS a beat when I KNOW THAT IT IS OFFERED! YIPPEE.
Blessings,
Debbie
You tagged it right, sister. I may never be able to read your blog again without keeping half an eye open for further evidence of freakishness. I was embarrassed for Starbucks' sake when I sampled the vile concoction.
You want a good mocha, for cheap? Try the syrup I mainline every morning: http://hangingoutthewash.blogspot.com/2008/07/recipe-homemade-morning-mochas.html
YESSSss!!! Fall is here. Bring on the frothy coffees!
Funny post. :)
Ah, yes... Starbucks inside of SuperTarget is perhaps one of my happiest places on earth (forget Disneyland!). And I feel the same way about my Gingerbread Latte at Christmas! I am so glad someone understands me!
aahh...a woman truly after my own heart. I admit, I felt a stab of jealousy...I thought I was the only one with such an affair of the heart with PS.
*U* Love your blog!
WHY! oh why did you have to mention this? I know I will be stalking the local starbucks starting early tomorrow.
You just made me very, very happy. Starbucks here I come!
Love it!!! I have the same weakness. Starbucks is a source of contention between me and my hubby....and my wallet.
-Ashley
Oh, my freak!
This totally needs to be published.
You must link back to your ode to the christmas starbucks drink you did last year!
I see that Pumpkin Spice Latte is having an affair on me!!!!!!!!
;)
~melody~
What really cracks me up is that you have 45 comments to this post! Clearly we are all ready for autumn and some pumpkin spice...
I LIVE for the day that the Pumpkin Spice Latte becomes available!
Well, I have heard about the elusive Pumpkin Spice Latte one to many times now. I am not a coffee drinker but at the coersion of several friends (including you and your post yesterday) I went out and got one last night. Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! For the girl that doesn't like coffee, THAT was heaven in a cup! Perfect post and you convinced me to have myself another...this morning!
Amen! I had two the first day they brought them back.
I cannot stop thinking about this post! It is hilarious & should be sent to the Starbucks advertising department pronto!!
You are such a great writer! Loved this post! I too love the pumpkin spice latte! Can't wait to get one! But something I love more is the peppermint mocha at starbucks. I only thought you could get this at Christmas, but to my surprise you can get it anytime! It's great! Coffee-mate makes peppermint mocha creamer...can't wait for that to visit us this year in our grocery aisle! Cute post!!
I thought the SAME thing!! Sweeter words I have not seen yet this year on a chalkboard - until I saw those yummy words at the local Starbucks!! Yes, friend - I will be enjoying it too this fall!!!
i'm a big time lurker but i had to come out of the woodworks to say that i loved this post! i love, love, LOVE pumpkin spice latte and what you wrote in your post were my thoughts exactly!!! love your blog!
Yes, yes and yes--I am all things PSL. I too have been so glad to see its return--you have phrased this love letter in such a way that it says all the things in my heart--thank you, thank you!
;o)
Blessings!
16 ounces of liquid pie? Only you could come up with that. Wait...your Target has a Starbucks? Lucky duck!
I just had my first one today!! And oh, the joys!! I will continue to enjoy this delicious cup of goodness for as long as I can!! :)
You are a riot and a fabulous writer! I'm not a big pumpkin fan, but I did like the peppermint white mocha drink at Christmas last year.
amen and amen.
Ha Ha Ha!! This is great...I am a BIG fan of the pumpkin spice latte too! Love it!
Kudos. This is awesome!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
Many Blessings,
M.
I've had two this week already. I don't care that it cost me almost $8. That moment I take the first sip is heaven!
Post a Comment