Cute house, huh? I like the brick, the well manicured yard, the homey-ness of this house. It actually belongs to the man's brother and his wife from Spain (the man being my husband). Remember them?
They're so cute, just like their house. Wait, what's this...?
That's their house, through that window there. What window is that, you ask?
I'd know that ugly purple trim anywhere. Why, it's our new half-way painted master bedroom window. That's right, people. Of the many reasons why we bought this house, I have yet to mention one that is pretty major. It sits a mere house away from my brother and sister-in-law and their little girl. The twins can look out their bedroom window and see their cousins' bedroom window.
What memories they will make on our little cul-de-sac. We can't wait to get there.
And I promise, one day very soon I will stop talking about houses. Really, I will. In fact, my little corner of cyberspace will be changing things up in just a few days. I figured so many things are changing these days, why not shake it up here a bit as well? So stay tuned.
Friday, April 04, 2008
have I failed to mention...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
That is so much fun!! The kiddos will have such amazing memories!
My in-laws live up the street from us too. But they don't have any kids, so it's just them. Living very close to us. My sister-in-law, her husband, my mother-in-law and my father-in-law all live in the same house. Together. Up the street from me.
Oh I only WISH I could love closer to my sister. The holidays we could share. The built-in friends my kids would have. You are so blessed! And a cute house to boot!
Susan
Wow! That's fun to be so close to family.
I think in a lot of families (mine) living that close would be trouble, but obviously you know it will be great for you guys.
They have no idea how lucky they are to live so close to you!
And your room is looking just great! I want to see the bathroom in progress! I want more photos! I want to see the dining room!
your bedroom is definitely looking A LOT better. in fact, i think now that the purple trim is gone you could probably just move in...everything else is just icing on the cake!
OH PLEASE! (said with a bit of a whine, sorry) Don't stop talking about houses! This has been a fun adventure without the work! Like the previous comments, I am jealous - our family is so far away! Your home is going to be beautiful and will feel all loved and happy-settled just like Sophie Marie in no time. :)
Yay, I pumped up to see your changes on the interweb! :)
Oh how fun! You will always have osmeone willing to loan an egg or sugar when you run out mid-recipe. Or am I the only one who does that?(And watching those little ones play on the cul de sac and grow up together is a priceless treasure!)
Love, love, love the new house and all the pictures - please keep them coming:-) I can totally relate, too, to your attachment to your old house. I cried and took pictures of everything when we left ours.
That is so neat. Congratulations on everything :)
YOu'll have to get one of those flashlight pointers! We lived next door to my brother for a few years. My Son would flash the light into their kitchen and his cousin would then get his pointer, and they'd have fun at night that way. LOL
Enjoy. Nothing like knowing who is in your coldasac and having an extra set of eyes watching your children.
Oh, and please don't quit posting pics of your home...between you and your sis, I"m getting TONS of ideas on how to fix up this mess of a house I have. :)
Have a great week.
Well, that worked out really well, didn't it? I know the memories you will make will be priceless. Congratulations!
I bet those memories for your kids will be the very best.
What a blessing to be so near to family! You really will make wonderful memories!
Your trim looks soooo much better not purple! And please don't feel you must stop talking about houses--I'm sure it takes up a good deal of your thoughts right now, and if that is currently what your life is about, we want to hear all about it :)!
Can't wait to see what changes are in store! Guessing MAYBE the boybarian mom has some part in it, but I could be wrong. I {heart} surprises!
How absolutely wonderful to move close to family. Please don't stop talking about your new home!
:-) Rosie
This is so exciting, please don't stop talking about houses! We can't get enough.
Have you checked out http://hookedonhouses.wordpress.com/ Lots of good stuff over there.
And, how lovely to have family you actually want to live near!
Emily ---
I LOVE your new look! How awesome are you!!!
THANKS for the sweet comment on my blog! I told my husband I'd 'made it' when you came to check it out! You truly made my day!
Blessings,
K - the Roost'er
OOOOoooooo, what color is your 1/2 painted master? If you don't mind me asking that is...I'm in love
Post a Comment