It feels a bit risky sometimes to share things that are real and vulnerable in this place. But here is one of the reasons why I do it:
I keep thinking that in 16 years I'll be able to rest. I squeeze in what I can here and there, but I'm like you--I feel there are things God wants so badly to tell me, and I just busy up my life to the point that I can't hear Him sometimes. Not because I'm not doing the things I should, but because "busy-ness" in general sometimes distracts us. I know what it feels like to live in remodeling and moving chaos, and can only promise that rest comes in its own time and own way. Maybe not as much as we feel we need, but sufficient for the day. Sleep. Read. Smile. Take in the joy of little moments and you'll come through it ok!
What a great word from my bloggy friend, Jennifer P. in response to my last post. Thanks Jennifer and to all you other girls, too...for relating with me in this familiar place of need and longing.
This weekend I purposed to take notice of the moments I could steal
7 comments:
I'm so very encouraged by this post - I find my self so BUSY that I know I'm missing out on the Lord's blessings because I simply can't sit still. Thanks for the post!
I also tagged you in my blog -
http://gravesfamilystuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged.html Hope it was ok :)
That Jennifer P. is such a wise, wise woman.
i think you have started a ripple effect (or is it affect) every where I turn I see Moms needing rest...and talking about it! You really are famous...heehee! Thanks for sharing Jennifer P.'s comment and how it has made you feel better. I was afraid we may not be hearing from you for awhile, and that just made me sad.
Amen to rest! When I feel I really need to reach out and get closer to God, a lot of times, the busy-ness just creeps right in there, and distracts me! It's about priorities for me, and your blog is encouraging me to "rethink" my priorities! Thanks!! You are a blessing!
Miss Chatty,
I am so glad I was able to bring you some comfort. I am so thankful that words typed out from my heart can have an effect on another. I could sure use some wise words from you now!
Love,
Jennifer P.
Emily, I so hear you re: the rest thingy. Always in pursuit of it but never quite there. I think God is speaking to moms in a unique way - through those literally in our shoes - telling us that rest is needed and okay.
BTW, 47 comments on a post? Wow, you are one popular blogger... I dream of such response. :)
Post a Comment