Hi. I am being forced against my will to introduce myself. I requested a close up because, well, a full-length photo is too vulnerable for me right now. You see, I'm a bit shy. Understandable, as I have been spending my days in the midst of other disregarded, unwanted...things. And it does a number on a girls self-esteem.
Oh. Oh no. There she goes, backing up. Fine. I can do this. Ok, so I am blue. I have brown trim. I am clean and sturdy and perfect...or so I thought. Evidently, someone else did not think as much, as they sent me off with their ugly pillows and broken radios to the Goodwill. But there is nothing wrong with me. I am not wrong. I am right. Right?
Oh, geez whiz. I'm blushing, can you tell? I guess it's good to be wanted again. Even if it was for the low, low price of $3. Still, I am wanted. And that is good. But my heart is torn as I consider the friends I left behind. So please. I beg you. Do not forget the tossed-aside and rejected at your local Goodwill.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
trash vs. treasure: an insecure perspective
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
So very right.
You got all the good stuff. Next time I'm gonna trip you on the way in. Please don't hold it against me.
Chin up, you're very pretty! And loved :)
Just finding your blog; very nice.
Cute purse too. Glad you were able to rescue her.
Adorable purse...love the bow. I also enjoyed the song...one of my favorites! :)
Thanks!
Mere
Do NOT tell me it's blue with brown trim. I'm so jealous right now. You found that at Goodwill???? Did you immediately clutch it to your chest and look around like someone was going to snatch it from you? I do that. I get weirdly paranoid at the thrift store. You did good, girl. I had a friend that found a genuine Kate Spade at Goodwill. Un bee lee vable. Man I love people who don't know what they're getting rid of.
um yes Heather, I did clutch it to my chest immediately because my sister WAS about to snatch it from me. I think she still hasn't forgiven me for that one. She has gotten me on a Goodwill kick lately. I'm really going to have to post a few more things I've found. But I don't want to brag or anything...at least not that much.
This song is 100% emily.
I hear it on someone else's blog and poor soul, it was all wrong for me because it was not YOU!
People, they played this song when she and her hubby walked down the asile (how do you spell isle?) and it was perfect!!!
True. So true. This is the song I would have written if...whoever hadn't done it first. And yes, after we were pronounced husband and wife, we did leave the church (down the aisle...you were so close) to this song. A great memory. wow. I feel another post coming on...
I was just at goodwill today and saw lots of cute purses
I showed Charlie your site and the song came up and I immediately said, "Emily loves that song...they used it in the wedding. I remember us looking at that song on Napster and finding who sang it (some Hawaiian man) whilst planning your wedding in the art room at Andrews. My, that was a long time ago.
So cute!
Hey! I tried to find this song to put on my blog too--but if it's YOUR song, I'll let you have it :)! I guess I'll keep Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You"--a song that brought my husband and I together!
Thank you ever so much for the warm wishes. I'm starting to come out of the worst of it I think.
I love your purse! Looks like something Jackie O. would have carried--with a matching hat! I know I give some pretty good stuff to second hand stores, but I never see anything good when I go in. And there's always kind of a weird "old" smell. And I have to wonder who would buy second hand underwear. Guess I've got some thrift store issues! Still love your purse though!
YAY! I'm so excited!
This is Jessica, Andie Cooper's sister! And I found you :)
Actually my mom sent me the link to your sister's blog so I could kill the day reading that and then I had to call her and say, "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS?! THIS IS EMILY F.'S SISTER!" She had no idea. I was really happy!
So yay! I'm just starting my own blog so we can be blog buddies as soon as I get on that!
I can't believe it! I just called the Nester to tell her. How crazy is that?! Let me know what your site address and we can for so sure be blog buddies!
Post a Comment