Friday, February 15, 2008

Goodwill diamonds

You know how people say bigger isn't always better? I guess I agree with that. Consider a nose, for example. Or a wart. But if we're talking diamonds, in my humble opinion, bigger is better. Or chocolate, for that matter. But that's not the point. I think my love for all things diamond was acquired honestly. After all, it is my birthstone. In light of this fact, its no wonder that my eye was drawn to this fine piece of ge-u-ine, sparkly goodness.
I know, what is it, right? I had to zoom in to get a clear look at its authenticity.
But here it is from far away. That's right, its Ross's diamond studded collar. Chandler has one, too. And Rachel has a pink rhinestone necklace. These friends are just so cool.
Look, there's the rest of the gang! Hi, gang. Phoebe, your earrings are to die for.
What a great photo. Look how happy they all are. Lucky for me that I can carry around the mid-90s wherever I want.Hello, Friends. Aren't you glad that freaks like me can't resist paying real money for paraphernalia with your photo on it no matter how unacceptable? You were in desperate need of rescuing. I just couldn't pass you up, what with all those eyes watching me as I tried to pass you by. Not to mention the shiny, blinding bling.

Warning to all you people I know in real life: you may be seeing this again. In a gift bag. Addressed to you. On your birthday. Don't say I didn't warn you.

And for what it's worth, turns out Ross and I have more in common than a love for diamonds, as my 71% celebrity look-alike match is David Schwimmer. Not kidding. Wish I were.

57 comments:

Anonymous said...

feeling kind of bad/scared now that I bought (or took) that plate of yours at your yard sale and then wrapped it up and gave it to you at a baby shower!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hi! I found your blog through - the Nester - I love it! That was very entertaining how you took the pictures! It was like a scary movie - waiting to see who is behind the curtain! AH! That is definitely a fun blinged out purse!! Thanks for sharing - it made me laugh!!

Anonymous said...

I was Heather Locklear (yay!) and Oprah (what?). :)

Sissy said...

I would be so happy to receive that as a present as I am so in love with the Friends. Also, I must agree with you about diamonds. Much to my husband's dismay, I am a girl that likes anything with a little sparkle. So...a Friend's bag WITH diamond studs would be right up my alley.

Marshall Benbow said...

I got allen iverson for my look alike

Melissa Stover said...

butts. bigger is not better.

Jennifer P. said...

I can't wait to receive that bag on my birthday :)!

I remember buying something about 10 years ago with New Kids on the Block on it--just for memory's sake. Ah--memories!

Meredith Uber said...

Well, you being David Schwimmer must mean it is so inaccurate. I guess I can't hold on to the whole Julia Roberts look-a-like for me.
Just remember Pete got told he looked like Jimi Hendrix and OJ Simpson!

Sissy said...

Thanks for the celebrity look-a-like link! That was fun. I matched with Petra Nemcova (model) and Kyoko Fukada, who is an Asian woman that I do not recognize. Um, I do not think I look remotely Asian, so I can confidently say that you do not look like David Schwimmer.

Emily said...

I love your bag, it would look stunning with some retro 90's chunky heeled shoes.

When I did the celeb look a like with my husbands pic, his #1 was Diane Keaton. ♥ so funny.

Jennifer P. said...

I ran off and took that celebrity look-alike thing too. With a picture of myself 2 years ago and without glasses, I matched for Christy Turlington (model). When I ran one with a picture from December, I suddenly matched for an Asian man and Susan Sarandon. My what a difference 2 years will make on a girl!

His Girl said...

oh, SO had to have that bag!

yeah, we are twins...
with twins,
messed up priorities,
and fabulous taste in kitschy memorabilia,

i'm going to have to add you to my bloglines... i can see this is going to be one of my favorite blog finds ever!

WheresMyAngels said...

You must be related to my Aunt Mary. Oh the gifts she would give. Like the purse I got one year with the used Kleenex in it. Not sure if it was Goodwill or just an old bag of hers. But it was also scary!! lol

Laurel said...

This cracked me up! And if one of your real life friends gets it ... they'll treasure it forever because ... diamonds are forever.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - Friends and diamonds, what more can a girl ask for? Can I be on your Christmas list?

wendy said...

I did the celebrity look alike too - I blocked the results out of my mind, they were so bad!!

Happy SITS day!

Katy said...

Hey, I'd take that bag in a second! :-) Nothing is better than pretty gems and Friends! :-)

Creative Junkie said...

rotf at the bag! That was actually one of my most favorite shows but ... I don't know if I could carry the bag.

Lula! said...

Yeah, but you are much more beautiful than Schwimmer. I'm just sayin'. Diamonds or not.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you better keep that bag. That's going to be a piece of pop culture history some day, especially with the bling.

I can't remember who my celebrity look-alike was. I know it wasn't flattering though, so I'm not going back there...

Unknown said...

I'm justa magpie, anything sparkly catches my eye, too! My celebrity look-alike was some old Russian man!
Happy SITS day!

Debbie Y. said...

After you posted:

And for what it's worth, turns out Ross and I have more in common than a love for diamonds, as my 71% celebrity look-alike match is David Schwimmer. Not kidding. Wish I were.

I immediately shot back up to the top of the page for a gander at your ID pic. LOL

You do not, and I repeat, you do not look like Ross. I hate those celebrity look-alike thingy's. I get matched with more guys than girls because of my short hair and square jaw. But I don't think I look masculine at all, except for maybe some moustache and other unacceptable facial hair, LOL!

If I was a close personal friend, I would be looking forward to getting the "Friends" purse, all your friends should be waiting in anticipation.

angela | the painted house said...

David Schwimmer????? WHAT?

mrsmouthy said...

I'm an April bday too and I thought it was SO LAME all throughout my childhood that my birthstone was CLEAR. Who's laughing now?

Ronnica said...

Wow. Strange that they have diamond-studded colors. I guess you're right about never having enough!

You have a cute design, btw!

Feliz said...

I wish my birthstone was diamond. Mine is dumb old amethyst. boring.

David Schwimmer, huh? Lucky you!!!

EmBee said...

I SO want that purse!
I am SUCH a Friends-Fan!
I think the rhinestones take this particular fashion statement to a 'Whole-'Nuther-Level'

And the celebrity match... My family did this a while ago and I was not pleased with my result because I DO NOT look like Carl Sagan but my son was a 97% match for Ashton Kutcher. While my husband was a Chevy Chase lookalike.

Lori said...

You are soooo silly! :)

My birthstone is the only one made of animal secretions. [sigh]

Shannon said...

My celeb-lookalike is Matthew Perry!!! LOL!!


Try having "opal" as your birthstone! Blech :P

Party of 5 said...

LOVE IT! I must get Chef to finish up my DVD collection. Almost there almost there. LOL

Happy SITS Day!

Anonymous said...

I would have TOTALLY bought that bag! Only I would carry it EVERYWHERE! I am slightly obsessed with Friends.

Rhea said...

My birthstone is the diamond also. That purse is hilarious! I love it! I wouldn't be caught dead carrying it, but I think it's a fun purse. hehe

My celebrity look-alike is Ashley Tisdale. Pre-nose job, I think. sheesh.

sassy stephanie said...

But you are a pretty David Schwimmer.

Melissa Lester said...

I'm wondering now who you deemed the ultimate friend since you posted this. I guess someone is walking around with their bag of Friends by now! Fun post! Congrats on your SITS day!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe something like that actually exists.

And, I am rolling right now that David is your celebrity.

thotlady said...

It could have been worse, you could have been matched with Gunther.

I'm just saying...

-Bridget said...

Well there's a reason to go buy a bedazzler right there, folks.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Cracking me up!!!! I love the disclaimer at the end about it being a gift!!!!

Happy SITS Day!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

butts, attitudes, and zits...definitely not better bigger! I found your link from the SITS blog...and I'm glad I did. If these 3 posts are any example then you are just TOO dang much fun. Still gonna snoop around just to see if it's downhill from here hehehe...Just kidding! I'm sure you're always at the peak of your game!

EmmaP said...

hahaha. Funny. I am sure all of your "friends" are pleased with not only your love of diamonds, but that you have their awesome picture to prove it. and about the re-gifting... Did I get that Singing Santa-On-Toilet from you???

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the series Friends, the blinged out bag...eh, not so much. It takes guts to purchase a bag like that, really shameless guts. lol. Congrats on your SITS feature, it was a pleasure visiting.

CindyDianne said...

I used to have a "Friends" desktop theme on my computer. The pointer that that mouse drags around? A coffee cup. *sigh*

Claremont First Ward said...

I just spit out my drink About the David Schwimmer thing. HIlarious.

KatBouska said...

Classic.

And timeless.

Any one of your family members or friends will feeled flattered to receive such a gift from you, I'm sure.

Wep said...

I have one like that with a puppy on it :) The bedazzler lives on.

Peggy said...

I'm kinda fond of diamonds myself!!!

Sherri said...

I love diamonds.... but NOT on men's collars!!!

Amy said...

That is TOO cute! :D

Melissa said...

That's ok! I matched with mostly men too!! My mom and I love friends. Phoebe cracks up my mom everytime she comes on screen.

Michelle said...

Wow... what a fun bag (although I could never carry it off). If only it were the real jewelry, right?

Andie said...

Very *cough* cute bag... LOL

Rela Pantaleon said...

uuhhhh... I'm glad you know me from online (and not real life) :)

If you gave me that, it would probably end up in Goodwill :)

Unknown said...

That's so funny.....

Apparently I am a match for Kelly Hu and Aston Kutchner(sp?)

Melanie Dickens said...

Very funny post. I'm going to have to try the celebrity look alike thing. Should be interesting.

AFRo said...

LOL at your celebrity look alike! That was FUNny. Sorry. Congrats on being the feature yesterday, I hope you're recovering nicely.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Ahhhh........I loved Friends!!! But who didn't. Fun post!!!!!

Kim said...

I can't believe someone would actually give that up - wait a minute, I can't believe you would actually buy it!! hahaha