Tuesday, January 01, 2008

html idiot

It had to be done. For many reasons, it had to be done. The first of which being I felt like I was being screamed at every time I clicked on my blog because the template I was using has ALL CAPS in the title and well, I just don't know anything about anything to know how to change that. Except to change the whole template.

So there you have it.

Besides, it's a new day...a new year. Let's just be new.

Now back to the code...Anyone know how to change the drab gray background? Why didn't I major in graphic design? What good is any other profession anymore?

6 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

when you are in the template area, click edit html. then click on the box above the template screen which says expand widget templates. now scroll down inside your template information to where it says:
body {
background:#CCC;

it will be right past all the variable stuff.

#CCC describes the gray color. to choose another color go to this site:
http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
pick a color you like and replace the CCC with the new color code.

emily freeman said...

What did I say? HTML QUEEN!

Jenni said...

Emily,

Thank you for the kind comments you left at my blog! I never saw your old template, but this new one is beautiful!! I love the photo, and the title/tagline. Very cool.

I also wanted to say that I am not the computer whiz, that's my little sister in law. She made my website and is the one in the family talented for all things cybernetically-crafted. LOL!!

Blessings,
Jenni

Anonymous said...

Oh hi. I'm new. :) Not even sure how I got here. Maybe Pioneer Woman? I found your site while I was at work and emailed it to myself at home and checked it today.

Anyway, you're a fun read, your kids are cute (a dust-buster for Christmas? I LOVE it!) and I think I'll be back!

Melissa Stover said...

you did it! congratulations. now you can play around with the other colors and then redo your whole blog. or at least, that's what happened to me.

Laurel said...

Hi...I found you from a friend of a friend. I too had trouble getting my blog to look the way I wanted (although yours looks terrific) and I went to this blog http://www.musingsandmisadventures.com/search/label/new%20template and found a bunch of advice for changing templates. Good Luck!