I apologize in advance for the song that is now inevitably running through your head from the title quote. At first you might be thinking "oh yea! what a great song..." Trust me when I say by the time you finish this post, you will already be sick of it...especially when you realize those are the only words you remember.
So it is 4 am. I don't like being awake at this hour. But one of my children comes into our bedroom nearly every night these days and this time, I can't get back to sleep. She likes to snuggle. I guess I don't give her enough attention during the day or something so in order to get her needs met, she comes in the night. And it is getting very old. Although I think she may be nighttime potty training herself, which could be a perk of these disruptions.
She has been potty trained during the day for quite a while but she still wears pull-ups at night. Tonight during her usual nighttime sojourn, she told me she needed to go. So she got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. I noticed her pull-up was dry which meant she hadn't gone until now (I know, obvious right? Give me a break, it's 4 am).
Her twin has not come quite so far and, for those of you who know me well, you know that the almost 4 year old who still refuses to number 2 in the potty has taken me to places I'd rather not go. I am open to any suggestions. But please don't be offended if I roll my eyes and say "HAHAHA" really loud and sarcastic like because we've. already. tried. that. As well as every possible version of that. But I will make an attempt to be gracious toward you for your considerations.
I hope it has worn off for you and that you have forgotten the tune by now. If you are like me, however, it may help to check this out simply to have words to go along with this terribly annoying melody. And if you were not yet born in 1984 or at least not old enough to know this song, please enjoy the peace and quiet that is in your head.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
wake me up before you go-go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so, my other previous emailed question has been answered. we have an early morning snuggler, too, and it's get interesting once the kicking and turning begins. sorry you've been having minutes of the precious nighttime lost. and girl, i really wish i had a magic solution for the other issue. i know that there has been fear of the drain at points. I wonder if she went #2 in something that didn't have one - like a potty training potty, where it just falls in, but doesn't get whooshed down. I know that the eyes might be going back right about now, because obviously, that's how you started potty training, and that never worked then. I know it's more of a pattern of comfortability and familiarity that she has, and it will just take her being ready to make the switch. i could tell you things that i've heard done - just don't give her the diaper, and let her go in her pants if need be to show her, she's got to go in the potty, or to not have her wear any bottoms at all for days on end until it's solved, or even resorting to giving a suppository to get things to start moving so fast that she HAS to go on the potty while you hold her there screaming. don't all of these things just sound lovely?!? randy thinks she's holding out for money. haha. anyway, friend, i think that you as her mother, have an eye into who she is as a person, and wants to love and respect that sweet little person even in something as mundane as figuring out about going poopoo; which is beautiful. she'll get it eventually, and when she does we'll have a party. =) aren't you glad you asked for advice.
I wanna feel that HIGHHHHHH
Emily, your blog makes me laugh so much - I love it. You also have good insights into God's work in our hearts, but I always seem to get a chuckle when I read.
If it makes you feel any better we are in the same club- only difference- mine won't ask for a pull up- he just goes in the diper. The comfort I have is knowing that sooner or later, underwear will come, night time dry will come and then I will be sorry that it went so fast.
Doesn't mean I'm not wishing that it wouldn't go faster now.... (especially when there is the disconcerted look on the 4's teacher at Sunday School...)
Post a Comment